Mountaintop proposal on Aspen Mountain in Aspen, Colorado
“A couple married for 65 years once told me that the secret to a lasting marriage was to marry your best friend, the person you can come home to at the end of any kind of day and love knowing that it’s them.
Casey has been my person for as long as I can remember, and it has always been just this: Knowing with her that it didn’t matter what came with life, I just knew we’d always be okay. She is my best friend and the thing I look forward to coming home to at the end of any kind of day. A few months before we planned our trip to Aspen for our birthdays, (we share the same exact birthday), I knew I wanted to ask her at the top of a mountain because it’s her most favorite place to be. I started doing research of the best views in Aspen, and the Sundeck on top of Aspen mountain had hands down the most perfect view of the Elk Mountain range.
I reached out to River and Root Photography, and D was available that weekend and she was so awesome to help me plan it. On the day of, I was so excited and nervous just hoping that everything would go smoothly and that weather would permit. It was so funny because I cannot lie for the life of me and Case knows me so well, she actually asked me if I was feeling ill because I was acting weird.
As people were clearing the mountain top, the exact spot I wanted was perfectly open and I knew that was my moment to do it. After tears and finally getting my words out, I asked Casey if she’d grow old with me and she said yes! D, our photographer, literally took my exact vision and went up to the mountain before I did, and captured it exactly how I dreamed of.
The best part is, Casey was also planning a proposal for a few weeks later during our next vacation! Neither of us knew it was coming from the other, and we were just both happy crying messes together and so excited for our future we always dreamed of together.” —from Alexes, one half of the couple
Photographer: River and Root Photography
Location: Aspen Mountain
Alaina Leary Lavoie
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- New Mexico Badlands multicultural boho lesbian elopement
- Get inspired by the romantic vibes at this Minneapolis candlelit wedding
- Quirky and sweet Colorado couple’s scene-matching city photo shoot
- A new bill aims to protect same-sex marriage. What would it do if Obergefell falls?
- Sentimental Elements Shine For These Two Brides’ Virginia Beach Wedding Featuring Bourbon, Rainbows and a Plethora of Family Support
- Colorful New York Rainbow Wedding Featuring A Drag Queen, Handmade Arch and Boho Decor
- Booksmart Actress Beanie Feldstein Engaged to Bonnie Chance Roberts
- Ohio Fall Wedding with Irish Hand Fasting
- Sunrise engagement session on the beach of Asbury Park New Jersey
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams