Mountaintop proposal on Aspen Mountain in Aspen, Colorado
“A couple married for 65 years once told me that the secret to a lasting marriage was to marry your best friend, the person you can come home to at the end of any kind of day and love knowing that it’s them.
Casey has been my person for as long as I can remember, and it has always been just this: Knowing with her that it didn’t matter what came with life, I just knew we’d always be okay. She is my best friend and the thing I look forward to coming home to at the end of any kind of day. A few months before we planned our trip to Aspen for our birthdays, (we share the same exact birthday), I knew I wanted to ask her at the top of a mountain because it’s her most favorite place to be. I started doing research of the best views in Aspen, and the Sundeck on top of Aspen mountain had hands down the most perfect view of the Elk Mountain range.
I reached out to River and Root Photography, and D was available that weekend and she was so awesome to help me plan it. On the day of, I was so excited and nervous just hoping that everything would go smoothly and that weather would permit. It was so funny because I cannot lie for the life of me and Case knows me so well, she actually asked me if I was feeling ill because I was acting weird.
As people were clearing the mountain top, the exact spot I wanted was perfectly open and I knew that was my moment to do it. After tears and finally getting my words out, I asked Casey if she’d grow old with me and she said yes! D, our photographer, literally took my exact vision and went up to the mountain before I did, and captured it exactly how I dreamed of.
The best part is, Casey was also planning a proposal for a few weeks later during our next vacation! Neither of us knew it was coming from the other, and we were just both happy crying messes together and so excited for our future we always dreamed of together.” —from Alexes, one half of the couple
Photographer: River and Root Photography
Location: Aspen Mountain
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Monochromatic countryside double wedding inspiration
- Lesbian couple denied by California winery wedding venue receives apology after performer Nikki Levy intervenes
- 12 creative and unique alternative wedding cakes for your celebration
- 22 couples with tattoos who prove ink is the best wedding look
- Lesbian pioneers in fight for marriage equality now in bitter divorce battle challenging definition of marriage
- Double engagement inspiration in the Arizona Cactus Garden
- 9 themed weddings you’ll love, from Beauty and the Beast to astronomy
- Gay dads around globe get less parental leave than lesbian parents and straight couples
- How we chose our wedding party and asked them to share the day with us
- This romantic fall wedding has some seriously gorgeous foliage