New York City engagement session in Central Park
Brandon and David have been together for twelve years, so it was only natural to go all-out when the time came for the couple to tie the knot. But first, an engagement session in New York City, where the couple splits their time.
Brandon, an accomplished stylist who has worked with the likes of Madonna and Katy Perry, and David, a pediatrician, both love the city and especially Central Park. Naturally, that’s where we had our session.
The day of the session also happened to be Brandon’s birthday, and David surprised him with a special cupcake. Walking around the park, hearing about all their incredible memories made in the city, made me so excited to know these two, for their love, and for their wedding. It was a life-changing experience for me, as they also treated me better than I’ve ever been treated. I didn’t feel like their vendor, I felt like family.
I’m devastated their wedding is over, but I have made life-long friends who have only cemented my desire to be as inclusive in my work as I possibly can. They make me proud to do what I do, and to show the world how beautiful all love can be.
From the photographer, Lindsay Collette
Photographer: Lindsay Collette
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day
- Nicole + Andrea: New York multicultural wedding with Caribbean roots (their first look photos are the sweetest!)
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot