Brandon and David have been together for twelve years, so it was only natural to go all-out when the time came for the couple to tie the knot. But first, an engagement session in New York City, where the couple splits their time.
Brandon, an accomplished stylist who has worked with the likes of Madonna and Katy Perry, and David, a pediatrician, both love the city and especially Central Park. Naturally, that’s where we had our session.
The day of the session also happened to be Brandon’s birthday, and David surprised him with a special cupcake. Walking around the park, hearing about all their incredible memories made in the city, made me so excited to know these two, for their love, and for their wedding. It was a life-changing experience for me, as they also treated me better than I’ve ever been treated. I didn’t feel like their vendor, I felt like family.
I’m devastated their wedding is over, but I have made life-long friends who have only cemented my desire to be as inclusive in my work as I possibly can. They make me proud to do what I do, and to show the world how beautiful all love can be.
From the photographer, Lindsay Collette
Photographer: Lindsay Collette
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- From OkCupid to a sunrise mountain wedding
- A destination wedding in Mexico with cold fireworks and an LED neon drum show
- Lawryn and Deja’s Richmond, Virginia, wedding at The Renaissance
- Wondery and Danvas founder Hernan Lopez marries music supervisor Scott Velasquez in West Hollywood wedding
- Classic black and white wedding ideas
- Say Yes to the Dress celebrity Randy Fenoli is engaged
- Tara and Emma’s purple and ivory wedding at Berkeley City Club in Berkeley, California
- The 19th Explains: Why the Respect for Marriage Act doesn’t codify same-sex marriage rights