Brandon and David have been together for twelve years, so it was only natural to go all-out when the time came for the couple to tie the knot. But first, an engagement session in New York City, where the couple splits their time.
Brandon, an accomplished stylist who has worked with the likes of Madonna and Katy Perry, and David, a pediatrician, both love the city and especially Central Park. Naturally, that’s where we had our session.
The day of the session also happened to be Brandon’s birthday, and David surprised him with a special cupcake. Walking around the park, hearing about all their incredible memories made in the city, made me so excited to know these two, for their love, and for their wedding. It was a life-changing experience for me, as they also treated me better than I’ve ever been treated. I didn’t feel like their vendor, I felt like family.
I’m devastated their wedding is over, but I have made life-long friends who have only cemented my desire to be as inclusive in my work as I possibly can. They make me proud to do what I do, and to show the world how beautiful all love can be.
From the photographer, Lindsay Collette
Photographer: Lindsay Collette
MOST VIEWED STORIES
- Celebrating LGBTQ+ love with a colorful Pride elopement photo shoot featuring rainbows, glitter and custom cocktails
- Broadway stars Ben Platt and Noah Galvin are engaged (again!)
- This gay couple had a fall wedding on a farm with a choreographed first dance, Chinese double happiness symbols and a s’mores campfire
- One step closer to marriage equality: Japan court rules that ban on same-sex marriage is unconstitutional
- A sunrise engagement photoshoot for Canada brides-to-be who own a flower farm together