When it comes to wedding entertainment, the debate is usually between a band or a DJ. For some couples though, the entertainment decision goes beyond the music. Looking to provide a show for your guests? Consider some additional sources of entertainment for cocktail hour, during the reception or as part of the after party.
Shock guests with a thrilling show. Bring in some daredevil entertainment and mesmerize guests with impressing stunts. Want all the fire without all the intensity? Have an outdoor bonfire for guests to enjoy, perfect for warm or chilly weather.
Ring toss, water guns, darts and more! Spending the day at a carnival or amusement park is always a blast, so why not bring the fun to your guests? If amusement is your thing, consider going all out and have a carnival-themed wedding with rides, cotton candy, popcorn and maybe even some yummy funnel cake.
Love a good card trick or sleight of hand? Wow guests by bringing an illusionist to your wedding. The perfect entertainment for cocktail hour, a magician will leave guests thinking, how’d they do that? Plus, auditioning these entertainers for your wedding can be a lot of fun.
What’s cuter than one animal? Several! Let guests pet and feed animals or play with cute puppies. How often do you get to dress up and take adorable animal photos? Having a petting zoo is a great activity for outdoor weddings or weddings with children (or children at heart) in attendance.
End the night with a literal bang. Surprise guests by lighting up the night sky with a fireworks show. Make sure to have a photographer on hand for some cute firework couples photos. Fireworks not legal at your venue? Don’t let that dull your shine. Instead, give everyone a sparkler or two and kick off life as newlyweds with a sparkling exit.
Have you had a special kind of entertainment at your wedding? We want to hear about it! Comment below and tell us all about it.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Tennessee joins trend of states passing anti-LGBTQ+ adoption laws
- You’re married now, should you celebrate your old anniversary?
- Beach destination wedding and honeymoon in Honolulu, Hawaii
- Sunset, books and basketball maternity photos
- Glamorous vintage wedding at The Tides Estate in New Jersey
- Floral bohemian elopement inspiration at Joshua Tree
- Epic spring Garden of the Gods elopement with dog attendants
- Royal and elegant wedding at Crest Hollow Country Club
- Small summer destination wedding in Perth, Western Australia
- United Methodist Church on verge of split over same-sex marriage and LGBTQ+ clergy