North Carolina stable wedding after romantic ferry proposal
Lauren and Ali began their relationship as roommates.
They were both starting at the same pharmacy school, and Lauren had just had a potential roommate cancel on her when she met Ali. As the couple put it, “Five years, 2 dogs, 6 moves, and 1 year of long-distance later, they were finally getting married!”
They got engaged on vacation in Seattle, while riding a ferry to Bainbridge Island.
“It was incredibly windy and chilly,” Ali writes. “Lauren said, ‘Could you imagine getting married on a ferry like Alex and Jo [from Grey’s Anatomy]?”‘
“‘No, not if this is how fast a ferry moves!'” Ali said.
Lauren replied, ‘“How about getting engaged on one?”’
Then she dropped to one knee.
“I have never been more surprised in my life,” Ali says. “I barely remember what happened next…To be honest, I don’t remember much about Bainbridge Island, but I know I’ll remember that day for the rest of my life!”
On a bright and beautiful autumn day, the couple got married at North Carolina’s Legacy Stables and Events.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Venue: Legacy Stables and Events
Photography: Yessica Grace Photography
Caterer: Thyme 2 Cater
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Get inspired by the romantic vibes at this Minneapolis candlelit wedding
- Quirky and sweet Colorado couple’s scene-matching city photo shoot
- A new bill aims to protect same-sex marriage. What would it do if Obergefell falls?
- Sentimental Elements Shine For These Two Brides’ Virginia Beach Wedding Featuring Bourbon, Rainbows and a Plethora of Family Support
- Colorful New York Rainbow Wedding Featuring A Drag Queen, Handmade Arch and Boho Decor
- Booksmart Actress Beanie Feldstein Engaged to Bonnie Chance Roberts
- Ohio Fall Wedding with Irish Hand Fasting
- Sunrise engagement session on the beach of Asbury Park New Jersey
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC