Patrick + Ganesh: A Brooklyn Fall Wedding
Ganesh and Patrick first met in Rhode Island. They were starting their senior years at neighboring colleges, but had not met until their dear friends, Jenna and Megan, conspired to set them up. Needless to say, the setup was a success—after a raucous night out and a few nervous dates, they became inseparable. What followed was a glorious year in Providence, some long-distance (between Maine and New York City), reuniting in Brooklyn, some more long-distance (this time between New York City and Chicago), and finally a westward-bound adventure to Seattle. They loved living in a totally new city and exploring the west coast (they even have REI memberships to prove it!). After nearly five years in Seattle, Ganesh and Patrick returned to the east coast earlier this year. Reuniting with family and friends, rediscovering old haunts and enjoying all Brooklyn has to offer, Ganesh and Patrick are truly excited to set down roots and begin this next stage of their lives together.
On their engagement story, from Jacquie, their photographer:
Back in 2009, Patrick and Ganesh had decided that whenever they got engaged, they would propose to each other (inspired by their dear friends Lindsay and Pam, who had a fabulous wedding in 2008). But who would propose first? Patrick wanted to be the one to initiate—and so the stage was set. A few years passed—but you know what? Marriage is for life, so who’s counting? (Okay, maybe Ganesh was a little bit.) Patrick waited for the perfect moment atop the Great Wall at the end of an amazing two week vacation in China. It was a gorgeous day, and you could see the Great Wall through mountains for miles and miles. The hike was intense, and Ganesh was all, “Let’s go back,” but Patrick was all, “No, one more.” So at Patrick’s behest, they hiked up “one last” set of stairs (and well past the tourist cut-off) to a beautiful and remote turret. In that picturesque backdrop, Patrick got down on one knee and asked Ganesh to spend the rest of his life with him. It was awesome.
…Oh, and Ganesh said, “Of course!”
Not to be outdone, Ganesh staged his surprise attack the following September while the two were traveling across Germany. As the last leg of the trip in Cologne was purely for business, Patrick harbored no suspicions. And so, on the eve of their final afternoon, Ganesh surprised Patrick with a small “love lock” engraved with their names. Having visited the Hohenzollernbrücke bridge earlier and marveled at the tens of thosuands of locks adorning its span, Patrick knew it was on! After selected just the right spot for their lock, Ganesh got down on one knee and asked Patrick if he would spend the rest of his life with him. Patrick said, “Of course!’ It was equally awesome.
Photography: photo philosophies
Venue: My Moon, a preferred Equally Wed vendor
Table designs and decor: DIY
Cake: Momofuku Milk Bar
Flowers: Rose Red & Lavender
Photo Booth: Magnolia Photo Booth Company
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day
- Nicole + Andrea: New York multicultural wedding with Caribbean roots (their first look photos are the sweetest!)
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot