Philadelphia garden wedding with bold blue suit and cape sleeve gown
Ann spent three months designing a custom engagement ring before proposing to Jess at the Brooklyn Botanic Garden. They tearfully popped the question on a small bridge inside a room designed to look like the tropical rainforest. At a nearby restaurant, both of their families waited to celebrate.
The couple got married outdoors in Philadelphia in June. They wanted their wedding to have a “whimsical garden” vibe. Jess’s cousin officiated and the couple wrote their own vows.
“After having to postpone our wedding, my favorite part was having our favorite people together in one space,” writes Jess. “I also loved that my aunt made her Italian cookies and my cousin made us 3 beautiful and delicious wedding cakes!”
Their advice for other couples planning weddings: “Eat at your wedding and stay as present as you can because it will go by so fast!”
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Beau Monde Originals
Video: Beau Monde Originals
Venue: Ridgeland Mansion; Open Aire Affairs
Florals: Vault + Vine
Attire: Bindle & Keep; Martina Liana from Free Love Bridal
Makeup: S. Masco Makeup
Invitations: Maria Bond Design
Caterer: Joshua’s Catering; Weckerly’s Ice Cream
Photo Booth: Bluebird Hill Events
Submit your LGBTQ+ wedding, engagement or family story for editorial consideration.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Best LGBTQ+ bach weekend activity ideas
- A chic Brooklyn, New York, wedding for spiritual brides with a Pride-inspired reception photoshoot
- Marriage equality in India is about to see a landmark case
- A summer mountain wedding with two dads and their son, a food truck and rainbow smoke bombs in Asheville, North Carolina
- Top 5 LGBTQ+ inclusive and affirming dating apps
- These rugby brides tied the knot after one bride’s wedding party huddle
- Best ways to include dogs in weddings
- A destination mountain wedding in Breckenridge, Colorado, with a rainbow cake