Plan your wine country wedding in St. Helena, California
Planning a wine country wedding? Look no further than St. Helena, California. St. Helena is located in the northern part of Napa Valley, which is not only home to Napa, but also Calistoga, Rutherford, Oakville, Yountville and American Canyon. It’s 70 miles north of San Francisco. It’s a tight-knit community with a small town feel yet bursting with world-class service, culinary delights, and, of course, delicious wine. Its charming Main Street features an array of independent boutiques, galleries, restaurants and inns. When planning a wine country wedding in St. Helena, Calif., you’ll find rustic wedding sites galore, organically grown ingredients, award-winning chefs and talented wedding vendors. It’s important to note, however, that because of a historic law, only five wineries are legally allowed to host weddings on their properties (though many can host before and after parties, such as showers, rehearsal dinners and the day-after brunch). I’ve added an astrik to the venues that can host weddings in St. Helena.
WINERIES TO VISIT
2000 Main St.
2800 Main St.
1312 Vidovich Ave.
401 St Helena Hwy
V. Sattui Winery*
1111 White Lane
Goose and Gander
1245 Spring St.
641 Main St.
709 Main St.
One Main Street
1424 Main Street
WEDDING VENDORS & VENDORS
The Culinary Institute of America at Greystone*
2555 Main St.
Meadowood Napa Valley*
900 Meadowood Lane
Garaventa’s Florist and Events
851 Lincoln Ave.
899 Dowdell Lane, Suite C
Roque Events Production Design
Photos by Lorelei
Before the end of your trip, go to Oxbow Public Market and buy Wine Skins, bottle-sized bubble wrap that your wine bottles slide in, close with a reusable adhesive strip. You can also order them ahead of time on Amazon.com. I brought back five wine bottles packed in Wine Skin in my luggage, and none broke!
Kirsten Ott Palladino
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- David + Anthony: Natural, earthy and warm Milwaukee, Wisconsin, wedding
- Jenny + Robin: a record-breaking cruise ship wedding vow renewal
- Meagan + Kristyn: an Austin, Texas, luxury outdoor wedding
- Torie + Alyssa: An intimate, bohemian and rustic wedding
- Uly + Ernesto: a monochrome winter engagement session at California sand dunes
- The Equally Wed LGBTQ+ wedding anniversary gift list
- Cozy in-cabin engagement photos in Manitoba, Canada
- Modern winter resort engagement photos in Scottsdale, Arizona
- Rainbow, flowers and sequins rooftop wedding in Washington, D.C.
- Colorful, whimsical wedding inspiration in Atlanta, Georgia