Brittany and Jen’s backyard wedding was held at a friend’s home in Buckley, Washington. It was complete with an elevated deck that overlooked the altar and served as an awesome dance floor.
During the ceremony, both of their kids gave speeches, and they lit unity candles as a family. After the ceremony, everyone celebrated throughout the evening in a fun reception. The deck was lit up with string lights, and everyone danced. Brittany and Jen even snuck out of the reception to take photos with their vintage Land Cruiser!
SEARCH FOR EQUALITY-MINDED WEDDING VENDORS
Photographer: M. Laine Photography
Venue: Private Residence
Hair Stylist: Tre Sorelle Salon
Alaina Leary Lavoie
Alaina Leary Lavoie is an award-winning editor and journalist. She is currently the Communications Manager of the nonprofit We Need Diverse Books and was the senior editor for Equally Wed Magazine from August 2018 to March 2020. Her work has been published in New York Times, Washington Post, Refinery29, Healthline, Teen Vogue, Cosmopolitan, Boston Globe Magazine, and more. In 2017, she was awarded a Bookbuilders of Boston scholarship for her dedication to amplifying marginalized voices and advocating for an equitable publishing and media industry. Alaina lives in Boston with her wife and their two cats. You can find Alaina on Twitter and Instagram @alainaskeys.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- A destination mountain wedding in Breckenridge, Colorado, with a rainbow cake
- 10 lawn games to have at your spring wedding
- A luxe New Year’s Eve New Orleans wedding with fireworks and a second line
- Best cake topper ideas for LGBTQ+ weddings
- A Gatsby-inspired vow renewal at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta, Georgia
- A classic black-and-white Vermont wedding with rustic accents and a bold floral choice
- 7 lucky Irish wedding traditions
- Your wedding style according to your zodiac sign