Redwood Forest fantasy steampunk wedding
Roy and Scott’s eclectic Redwood Forest fantasy steampunk wedding
Roy and Scott love all things eclectic. It was only fitting that their Redwood Forest fantasy steampunk wedding incorporated all of their interests. The two grooms wore matching suits with blue stitching details and matching blue ties and pocket squares. Their two dogs wore matching blue collars that looked like button-up shirt collars.
There ceremony took place outdoors among the tall trees of the Redwood Forest. Guests sat on white chairs arranged on a wooden deck as the sun peeked through the trees.
For the reception, table numbers featured a puzzle that was rolled up in small scrolls that were arranged on a bed of greenery. The reception took place outside with the white linens creating a clean pop against the bright green grass and clear blue sky. As the sun set, strings of lights hanging over the space created a glowing yellow light for guests to dance under into the night.
Everyone was given a blank black-and-white comic strip of Scott and Roy to fill in with their own captions and create their own story. For dessert, the happy couple cut into an elaborate whimsical cake made of a variety of layers such as a book pages, cogs, stars and astrology and more.
From the wedding planner, Karissa Paxton:
When these clients came to Coastside Couture, they told us that their vision for their wedding was “steampunk, Redwood Forest, Italian classical, Japanese minimalist, and the fantastical (Cirque de Soleil, Mad Hatter, super hero comics).” They both were avid gamers as well, so we took these design ideas and cohesively implemented them throughout their wedding day with a steampunk cake, cryptex and puzzle games for guests to find their dining tables, and comics that guests filled in as the guestbook. Their quirky style elements came together to create a unique and epic wedding day.
Photographer: Tim Halberg
Wedding venue: Pema Osel Ling
Florist: Laughin’ Gal Floral
Planner: Coastside Couture (a preferred Equally Wed vendor!)
Entertainment: Sound in Motion
Couple’s attire: Jake
Catering: Pema Osel Ling
Cake: Just Cake
Officiant: Susan Overland
Rentals: Classic Party Rentals and View Point Events
Linens: Wildflower Linen
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Outdoor DIY fall wedding at the Solarium in Decatur, Georgia
- After 20 years, two grooms celebrate with whimsical winery wedding
- 4 things you can do if you can’t go on a honeymoon right after the wedding
- Allure Bridals introduces Disney Fairy Tale Weddings Collection
- Why Naples is a great place for LGBTQ+ weddings and honeymoons
- Inclusivity is a wedding priority reveals The Knot’s Real Weddings Study
- Carefree bohemian beach wedding in Pensacola, Florida
- Nautical summer beach wedding with Seinfeld theme
- Waterfront brewery elopement at The Piermont in Babylon, New York
- Whimsical, rustic waterfront wedding in San Diego, California