Romantic beach wedding in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Amy and Kathy had been together for over 15 years when they decided to say their “I do’s” surrounded by friends, family and a very loved fur baby at a romantic boutique resort. As homeowners in both Boston and Fort Lauderdale, the couple had friends and family from all around the United States attend to see this long-awaited day unfold. Being a same-sex couple, the ceremony held an extra emotional token for not only the celebration of the two but also the legality triumph of it all.
The couple decided to get ready together on their balcony master suite of the resort, accompanied by their adorable dog, Griffin. Once all of the details were finished being put together, Kathy and Amy decided to give their bridal party and close family members floral leis as a thank you for being a part of their special day.
Upon walking to the ceremony location, the beach pathway was bordered by flower arrangements and hanging picture frames of loved ones who had passed. At the end of the path—opening to the beach—was the uniquely styled circle ceremony. During the ceremony, Kathy and Amy had decided to do a mixture of sands to one. The mixture of sand was from not only Florida but Boston and Massachusetts as well. The personalized ceremony was not only romantic but emotional as the two exchanged handwritten vows to one another creating tears of joy. Sealed with their first kiss, they danced their way down the aisle cheering and singing.
After the beach cocktail hour, first dance during sunset and mother-daughter dance the brides were surprised by their bridal party, family and guests with an amazing flash mob. The night continued with dancing, singing and speeches from the maid of honors.
SEARCH FOR LGBTQ+ FRIENDLY WEDDING VENDORS
Photographer: Carroll Tice Photography
Event Planner: Wedding Bells and Seashells
Linens and Coverings: Tents ‘n’ Events
Caterer: Eten Foods
Reception Venue: The Tides Inn
Alaina Leary Lavoie
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- How to celebrate International Transgender Day of Visibility
- A winter wedding in Orlando, Florida, celebrating two brides and their son with a spiritual ceremony and vegan cake
- Lizzo and YITTY launch a gender-neutral shapewear line
- This destination elopement in Central Park featured couture velvet suit jackets and Star Wars cufflinks
- In celebration and memory of LGBTQ+ icon Paul O’Grady
- From a New York first date to a New Orleans fall LGBTQ+ wedding with a second line and Polaroid guest book
- Yes, you should schedule an engagement photoshoot!
- These grooms walked down the aisle together with their dog in their outdoor Savannah, Georgia, LGBTQ+ wedding