Romantic beach wedding in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Amy and Kathy had been together for over 15 years when they decided to say their “I do’s” surrounded by friends, family and a very loved fur baby at a romantic boutique resort. As homeowners in both Boston and Fort Lauderdale, the couple had friends and family from all around the United States attend to see this long-awaited day unfold. Being a same-sex couple, the ceremony held an extra emotional token for not only the celebration of the two but also the legality triumph of it all.
The couple decided to get ready together on their balcony master suite of the resort, accompanied by their adorable dog, Griffin. Once all of the details were finished being put together, Kathy and Amy decided to give their bridal party and close family members floral leis as a thank you for being a part of their special day.
Upon walking to the ceremony location, the beach pathway was bordered by flower arrangements and hanging picture frames of loved ones who had passed. At the end of the path—opening to the beach—was the uniquely styled circle ceremony. During the ceremony, Kathy and Amy had decided to do a mixture of sands to one. The mixture of sand was from not only Florida but Boston and Massachusetts as well. The personalized ceremony was not only romantic but emotional as the two exchanged handwritten vows to one another creating tears of joy. Sealed with their first kiss, they danced their way down the aisle cheering and singing.
After the beach cocktail hour, first dance during sunset and mother-daughter dance the brides were surprised by their bridal party, family and guests with an amazing flash mob. The night continued with dancing, singing and speeches from the maid of honors.
Photographer: Carroll Tice Photography
Event Planner: Wedding Bells and Seashells
Linens and Coverings: Tents ‘n’ Events
Caterer: Eten Foods
Reception Venue: The Tides Inn
Alaina Leary Lavoie
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- National groups blast GOP federal LGBTQ rights bill as permitting ‘licenses to discriminate’ by wedding vendors, religious groups
- Romantic engagement photos at Milwaukee Central Public Library
- This surprise flash mob dance party proposal will move you to tears
- Pantone reveals classic blue as its 2020 Color of the Year
- The Knot, Pinterest and Zola will stop promoting plantation weddings
- TikTok is limiting the reach of LGBTQ+, disabled and fat people’s videos
- My husband and I honeymooned in South Africa. Here’s why we loved it
- Tropical blue and green beach wedding in St. Petersburg, Florida
- 6 real weddings that will get you in a cozy mood for the holidays
- How we organized our wedding party from across the country