Romantic beach wedding in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Amy and Kathy had been together for over 15 years when they decided to say their “I do’s” surrounded by friends, family and a very loved fur baby at a romantic boutique resort. As homeowners in both Boston and Fort Lauderdale, the couple had friends and family from all around the United States attend to see this long-awaited day unfold. Being a same-sex couple, the ceremony held an extra emotional token for not only the celebration of the two but also the legality triumph of it all.
The couple decided to get ready together on their balcony master suite of the resort, accompanied by their adorable dog, Griffin. Once all of the details were finished being put together, Kathy and Amy decided to give their bridal party and close family members floral leis as a thank you for being a part of their special day.
Upon walking to the ceremony location, the beach pathway was bordered by flower arrangements and hanging picture frames of loved ones who had passed. At the end of the path—opening to the beach—was the uniquely styled circle ceremony. During the ceremony, Kathy and Amy had decided to do a mixture of sands to one. The mixture of sand was from not only Florida but Boston and Massachusetts as well. The personalized ceremony was not only romantic but emotional as the two exchanged handwritten vows to one another creating tears of joy. Sealed with their first kiss, they danced their way down the aisle cheering and singing.
After the beach cocktail hour, first dance during sunset and mother-daughter dance the brides were surprised by their bridal party, family and guests with an amazing flash mob. The night continued with dancing, singing and speeches from the maid of honors.
Photographer: Carroll Tice Photography
Event Planner: Wedding Bells and Seashells
Linens and Coverings: Tents ‘n’ Events
Caterer: Eten Foods
Reception Venue: The Tides Inn
Alaina Leary Lavoie
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal
- Heather + Tiffany: Sunday morning brunch love shoot
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day