Mary Lambert, legendary singer and writer of LGBTQ+ anthem, “She Keeps Me Warm,” excitedly announced her engagement on Instagram yesterday to English professor Dr. Wyatt Paige Hermansen.
The couple has been together for over three years. Hermansen proposed to Lambert while the two were performing together on stage.
“I’ve dreamt of this moment my whole life,” Lambert wrote beneath a series of photos of the two of them, along with a video of the proposal. “We’re gonna get married in front of god and everybody!!!!! I love you, Wyatt Paige Hermansen!!!”
Lambert has posted several times since then celebrating the engagement, clearly unable to contain her joy.
“Three and a half years ago, I met the handsomest, funniest, most brilliant, kind, and warm person in the entire universe,” she wrote on another post, adding that the pair connected over their shared bipolar diagnoses.
In fact, the couple hosts a podcast together called The Manic Episodes in which they talk about their bipolar disorder, as well as explore LGBTQ+ relationships and body love.
“Watching my love get down on one knee felt like the deepest act of choosing,” Lambert continued. “What an incredible honor to love Wyatt, to be their fiancé, to build a family and a home and a life and maybe several more dogs.”
She also called the live show where they got engaged “THE BEST EVENT IN HISTORY EVER” and said she has been unable to stop happy crying since.
“What a gift, what joy, what blessing,” she said, “what kindness, what hope, what love.”
Congratulations to the happy couple!
filed under: Mary Lambert, Wyatt Paige Hermansen, Same Love, She Keeps Me Warm, Celebrity LGBTQ+ engagement, LGBTQ+ love, LGBTQ+ weddings
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts
- Engagement session at Matheson Hammock Park in Miami, FL
- Why Taha’a could be your dream honeymoon destination
- Boho garden wedding inspiration at Haiku I Do, Asheville
- Magical Moorea enchants for LGBTQ+ couples