Mary Lambert, legendary singer and writer of LGBTQ+ anthem, “She Keeps Me Warm,” excitedly announced her engagement on Instagram yesterday to English professor Dr. Wyatt Paige Hermansen.
The couple has been together for over three years. Hermansen proposed to Lambert while the two were performing together on stage.
“I’ve dreamt of this moment my whole life,” Lambert wrote beneath a series of photos of the two of them, along with a video of the proposal. “We’re gonna get married in front of god and everybody!!!!! I love you, Wyatt Paige Hermansen!!!”
Lambert has posted several times since then celebrating the engagement, clearly unable to contain her joy.
“Three and a half years ago, I met the handsomest, funniest, most brilliant, kind, and warm person in the entire universe,” she wrote on another post, adding that the pair connected over their shared bipolar diagnoses.
In fact, the couple hosts a podcast together called The Manic Episodes in which they talk about their bipolar disorder, as well as explore LGBTQ+ relationships and body love.
“Watching my love get down on one knee felt like the deepest act of choosing,” Lambert continued. “What an incredible honor to love Wyatt, to be their fiancé, to build a family and a home and a life and maybe several more dogs.”
She also called the live show where they got engaged “THE BEST EVENT IN HISTORY EVER” and said she has been unable to stop happy crying since.
“What a gift, what joy, what blessing,” she said, “what kindness, what hope, what love.”
Congratulations to the happy couple!
filed under: Mary Lambert, Wyatt Paige Hermansen, Same Love, She Keeps Me Warm, Celebrity LGBTQ+ engagement, LGBTQ+ love, LGBTQ+ weddings
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- From OkCupid to a sunrise mountain wedding
- A destination wedding in Mexico with cold fireworks and an LED neon drum show
- Lawryn and Deja’s Richmond, Virginia, wedding at The Renaissance
- Wondery and Danvas founder Hernan Lopez marries music supervisor Scott Velasquez in West Hollywood wedding
- Classic black and white wedding ideas
- Say Yes to the Dress celebrity Randy Fenoli is engaged
- Tara and Emma’s purple and ivory wedding at Berkeley City Club in Berkeley, California
- The 19th Explains: Why the Respect for Marriage Act doesn’t codify same-sex marriage rights