Mary Lambert, legendary singer and writer of LGBTQ+ anthem, “She Keeps Me Warm,” excitedly announced her engagement on Instagram yesterday to English professor Dr. Wyatt Paige Hermansen.
The couple has been together for over three years. Hermansen proposed to Lambert while the two were performing together on stage.
“I’ve dreamt of this moment my whole life,” Lambert wrote beneath a series of photos of the two of them, along with a video of the proposal. “We’re gonna get married in front of god and everybody!!!!! I love you, Wyatt Paige Hermansen!!!”
Lambert has posted several times since then celebrating the engagement, clearly unable to contain her joy.
“Three and a half years ago, I met the handsomest, funniest, most brilliant, kind, and warm person in the entire universe,” she wrote on another post, adding that the pair connected over their shared bipolar diagnoses.
In fact, the couple hosts a podcast together called The Manic Episodes in which they talk about their bipolar disorder, as well as explore LGBTQ+ relationships and body love.
“Watching my love get down on one knee felt like the deepest act of choosing,” Lambert continued. “What an incredible honor to love Wyatt, to be their fiancé, to build a family and a home and a life and maybe several more dogs.”
She also called the live show where they got engaged “THE BEST EVENT IN HISTORY EVER” and said she has been unable to stop happy crying since.
“What a gift, what joy, what blessing,” she said, “what kindness, what hope, what love.”
Congratulations to the happy couple!
filed under: Mary Lambert, Wyatt Paige Hermansen, Same Love, She Keeps Me Warm, Celebrity LGBTQ+ engagement, LGBTQ+ love, LGBTQ+ weddings
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Joyful intimate wedding outside Chicago with geometric arch and outfit change
- 5 epic LGBTQ+ wedding photos we are just so thankful exist
- Romantic Malibu engagement session by the beach
- Outdoor New Jersey wedding filled with love and sunflowers
- Bright and cheery sixties-inspired wedding ideas
- Breathtaking Sedona elopement surrounded by close friends and family
- Inclusivity in the wedding industry: faux allies, transphobia and performative actions
- Stunning and joyful elopement at Colorado’s Garden of the Gods
- “Same Love” singer Mary Lambert is engaged
- Autumn engagement session at the base of Nevada’s Mt. Charleston
- WNBA legend Renee Montgomery reveals she and music artist Sirena Grace got married
- Two stars of Amazon’s lesbian reality show, Tampa Baes, are engaged
- Rustic and modern October wedding in a Mississippi barn
- Intimate and enchanting wedding at a Pittsburgh flower garden
- Epic surprise proposal during a styled shoot on the shores of Mallorca
- LGBTQ+ people in Spain now have access to IVF treatment to build their families
- Four reasons LGBTQ+ couples should consider a Charleston honeymoon
- California engagement session surrounded by sparkling trees
- Kristen Stewart and Dylan Meyer are engaged!
- How Frank Darling can help LGBTQ+ couples design the perfect custom rings