San Francisco City Hall queer wedding
Emily and Julia’s wedding took place under the rotunda in San Francisco’s City Hall. The marriers, who’ve been together since 2014, dressed to the nines in three-piece suits and beautiful handcrafted oxfords by a local shoe designer, Sutro Footwear.
From the couple:
We chose to have a private ceremony (our only witness was our photographer), and we were happy with how intimate the experience felt, even though we were in a public space. We chose not to have a lot of the trappings of a traditional wedding—bridesmaids, flowers, cake, band, and so on—because we wanted to focus on each other, family, and friends. Immediately after the wedding, we celebrated over lunch with close family. That weekend, we had a cocktail reception (about 60 guests) at Laszlo, a bar near our home.
Kirsten Ott Palladino is an award-winning editor and writer, as well as the author of the wedding planning book for LGBTQ couples, EQUALLY WED (Seal Press/Hachette Book Group, May 2017). She’s the co-founder and editorial director of Equally Wed, the world’s leading digital LGBTQ wedding magazine, as well as Equally Wed Pro, the LGBTQ+ inclusive certification course and educational platform. Palladino has been profiled on CNN and Forbes and in The New York Times. Her work has appeared in Entrepreneur magazine, ARTNews magazine, Art & Antiques magazine, The Knot, Executive Traveler magazine, the Huffington Post, and more. She was recognized as one of Glamour magazine's Hometown Heroes for 2015. Palladino has an open door communications policy on Twitter at @kirstenop and Facebook at fb.com/kirstenpalladino.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
Listen to Kirsten & Maria, Equally Wed founders, on the The Wedding Biz podcast.
- Pantone reveals classic blue as its 2020 Color of the Year
- The Knot, Pinterest and Zola will stop promoting plantation weddings
- This surprise flash mob dance party proposal will move you to tears
- Romantic engagement photos at Milwaukee Central Public Library
- TikTok is limiting the reach of LGBTQ+, disabled and fat people’s videos
- My husband and I honeymooned in South Africa. Here’s why we loved it
- Tropical blue and green beach wedding in St. Petersburg, Florida
- 6 real weddings that will get you in a cozy mood for the holidays
- How we organized our wedding party from across the country
- How my family lives a minimalist lifestyle so we can travel