It’s no secret that planning a wedding is no small cost, and everything comes with a price tag. No matter what your wedding budget is, it’s always great to cut costs and save money, especially if you’re the one paying for the wedding. Check out these wedding-planning money-saving tricks that don’t get enough attention when it comes to lowering the cost of a wedding, but not the quality.
Great for bulk quantities, Oriental Trading offers tons of decor items, welcome bag gifts, kid-friendly activities and favors. For example, this is the perfect place to buy individual sized bubble containers for a bubble exit. In fact, Oriental Trading has a line of Wedding Essentials that includes decorations in a wide variety of wedding theme colors. And, be sure to check out Oriental Trading’s child company, Marry Me, for everything from seat covers to signs to table numbers and much, much more.
Big-box stores are for more than just bulk snacks. You can cater your own wedding from supplies to food using these stores’ large portion offerings, range of servingware and sternos, wedding cakes and customizable platters and appetizers. In fact, you can even buy your wedding and/or engagement rings there! Shopping at these stores does require a membership, but before you go out and buy one, ask a friend or family member who has one if you can use their membership in lieu of a wedding present. You can also use your membership to shop online, so be sure to look for online deals, for example honeymoon deals through Costco.
The website famous for gigs as low as only $5. Yes, you read that right. You can really find someone to help design your invitations for as low as five dollars! There are tons of gigs available for hire on Fiverr, and wedding-related tasks you can check off your planning to-do list include invitation design, logos and monograms for your stationery or paper goods, help with writing your vows, photo and video editing, wedding website design and more.
Known for discounted meals, experiences, excursions and more, Groupon is great for discounts on everything from dance lessons to hotel rooms and vacations. Use it to book a stay for your fling before the ring party with your friends or plan your whole honeymoon using its vacation packages. Take discounted dance lessons to get prepped for your reception, find hair, spa and makeup deals or go on some pre-wedding dates with your soon-to-be spouse to get away from the craziness of wedding planning and more. Check out Groupon to see what deals and discounts are available in your area.
Share your wedding-planning money-saving tricks and tips with us in the comments below! We love hearing your savings and discount ideas.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Philadelphia garden wedding with bold blue suit and cape sleeve gown
- Elegant engagement session after romantic New Year’s Eve proposal
- Wonderland-themed wedding inspiration in the gardens of O’ahu
- 6 gender-neutral LGBTQ+ inclusive wedding terms to make all couples feel included
- California Beach photo session to celebrate virtual wedding
- Couple flooded with kindness after Tennessee wedding venue rejected them for being gay
- 18 gorgeous face masks from Etsy for your Covid-safe wedding
- Colorado Gov. Jared Polis marries Marlon Reis and makes history
- How To Mix Up Tradition For Your LGBTQ+ Wedding
- Minimalist Louisiana wedding with floral cake and sparkler send off
- 6 stylish bow ties for autumn weddings
- WNBA teammates Jasmine Thomas and Natisha Hiedeman are engaged
- 6 children’s books that celebrate LGBTQ+ families
- 6 challenges straight couples don’t have to deal with when planning a wedding
- Desert LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration featuring native Arizona plants and a custom floral suit
- Celestial-themed Missouri wedding featuring navy and gold
- South Carolina engagement session celebrating LGBTQ+ love in the outdoors
- 5 floral fads in vogue for ’21 and ’22 weddings
- Disney star Garrett Clayton married longtime partner Blake Knight in a garden party wedding
- Dazzling wedding dress trends for fall