It’s no secret that planning a wedding is no small cost, and everything comes with a price tag. No matter what your wedding budget is, it’s always great to cut costs and save money, especially if you’re the one paying for the wedding. Check out these wedding-planning money-saving tricks that don’t get enough attention when it comes to lowering the cost of a wedding, but not the quality.
Great for bulk quantities, Oriental Trading offers tons of decor items, welcome bag gifts, kid-friendly activities and favors. For example, this is the perfect place to buy individual sized bubble containers for a bubble exit. In fact, Oriental Trading has a line of Wedding Essentials that includes decorations in a wide variety of wedding theme colors. And, be sure to check out Oriental Trading’s child company, Marry Me, for everything from seat covers to signs to table numbers and much, much more.
Big-box stores are for more than just bulk snacks. You can cater your own wedding from supplies to food using these stores’ large portion offerings, range of servingware and sternos, wedding cakes and customizable platters and appetizers. In fact, you can even buy your wedding and/or engagement rings there! Shopping at these stores does require a membership, but before you go out and buy one, ask a friend or family member who has one if you can use their membership in lieu of a wedding present. You can also use your membership to shop online, so be sure to look for online deals, for example honeymoon deals through Costco.
The website famous for gigs as low as only $5. Yes, you read that right. You can really find someone to help design your invitations for as low as five dollars! There are tons of gigs available for hire on Fiverr, and wedding-related tasks you can check off your planning to-do list include invitation design, logos and monograms for your stationery or paper goods, help with writing your vows, photo and video editing, wedding website design and more.
Known for discounted meals, experiences, excursions and more, Groupon is great for discounts on everything from dance lessons to hotel rooms and vacations. Use it to book a stay for your fling before the ring party with your friends or plan your whole honeymoon using its vacation packages. Take discounted dance lessons to get prepped for your reception, find hair, spa and makeup deals or go on some pre-wedding dates with your soon-to-be spouse to get away from the craziness of wedding planning and more. Check out Groupon to see what deals and discounts are available in your area.
Share your wedding-planning money-saving tricks and tips with us in the comments below! We love hearing your savings and discount ideas.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Pantone announces its 2023 color of the year
- Emily, Willie and Sarah’s DIY throuple wedding at the Inn on the Russian River in Monte Rio, California
- 10 things you need to create that perfect rainbow wedding
- Senate advances Respect for Marriage Act to protect recognition of marriage equality
- 10 ways to use burnt orange in your wedding
- Tam and Yiyun’s intimate summer wedding at Folktale Winery and Vineyards in Carmel Valley, California
- Stefany and Britt’s queer, nonbinary wedding at the Lace House in Columbia, South Carolina
- Priscilla and Jamesa’s fall wedding in Nashville, Tennessee, featured harvest hues of gold, burnt orange, terracotta rust and dusty rose
- Lindsey and Molly’s Christian wedding in New Bern, North Carolina, showcased their two dogs and had a dried flower confetti send-off
- Alyssa and Holly’s Colorado adventure session in Rocky Mountain National Park
- LGBTQ+ Inclusive and Affirming Wedding Venue Spotlight: Filoli
- Halle and Kayden’s Mount Rainier National Park Destination Wedding