September garden wedding at a 15th century Italian villa
Brett + Oliver
Pronouns: Him/His; Him/His
Orientation: Gay; Gay
Couple’s Home: Switzerland
Wedding Location: Pisa, Italy
Color Scheme: Green Apple + White
Brett and Oliver’s magical September wedding took place in Pisa in a 15th century renaissance villa that once belonged to Lorenzo de’ Medici.
The grooms walked down the aisle together with their two children. After the ceremony, they celebrated in the villa’s beautiful garden. In keeping with their green apple and white color scheme, the grooms’ boutonnières utilized native blossoms called Lisianthus flowers, which symbolize eternal love.
What advice would you give to engaged LGBTQ+ couples?
Advice for vendors and venues working with LGBTQ+ couples?
Let’s make everybody feel at ease and happy! It’s a wedding that only speaks about love.
What challenges did you face as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
The main concern for an LGBTQ+ couple planning a destination wedding is based on the selection of a great equality marriage planner, as we all might be a little bit more nervous being out of the country, away from our comfort zone. But once the organization of the wedding has been placed in the right hands, all the aspects of the coordination of the big day come out to be easy, smooth with no stress and hassle and just simply fun and full of LOVE!
Did you encounter any pleasant surprises as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
A lot of kindness and genuine involvement from all vendors during the whole process of the wedding organization.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer and Videographer: Linda Nari
Venue: Villa Lungomonte – Asciano (PISA)
Submit your LGBTQ+ wedding, engagement or family story for editorial consideration.
filed under: two grooms, gay wedding, LGBTQ+ wedding, Italian wedding, garden wedding
MOST VIEWED STORIES
- One step closer to marriage equality: Japan court rules that ban on same-sex marriage is unconstitutional
- A sunrise engagement photoshoot for Canada brides-to-be who own a flower farm together
- Same-sex couple marries in the first wedding ever held at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show
- LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration: celebrating queer love with a rooftop party, modern aesthetic and terracotta color palette
- European rights court finds Romania in violation of LGBTQ+ rights and orders legal protections for same-sex couples