September garden wedding at a 15th century Italian villa
Brett + Oliver
Pronouns: Him/His; Him/His
Orientation: Gay; Gay
Couple’s Home: Switzerland
Wedding Location: Pisa, Italy
Color Scheme: Green Apple + White
Brett and Oliver’s magical September wedding took place in Pisa in a 15th century renaissance villa that once belonged to Lorenzo de’ Medici.
The grooms walked down the aisle together with their two children. After the ceremony, they celebrated in the villa’s beautiful garden. In keeping with their green apple and white color scheme, the grooms’ boutonnières utilized native blossoms called Lisianthus flowers, which symbolize eternal love.
What advice would you give to engaged LGBTQ+ couples?
Advice for vendors and venues working with LGBTQ+ couples?
Let’s make everybody feel at ease and happy! It’s a wedding that only speaks about love.
What challenges did you face as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
The main concern for an LGBTQ+ couple planning a destination wedding is based on the selection of a great equality marriage planner, as we all might be a little bit more nervous being out of the country, away from our comfort zone. But once the organization of the wedding has been placed in the right hands, all the aspects of the coordination of the big day come out to be easy, smooth with no stress and hassle and just simply fun and full of LOVE!
Did you encounter any pleasant surprises as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
A lot of kindness and genuine involvement from all vendors during the whole process of the wedding organization.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer and Videographer: Linda Nari
filed under: two grooms, gay wedding, LGBTQ+ wedding, Italian wedding, garden wedding
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- From OkCupid to a sunrise mountain wedding
- A destination wedding in Mexico with cold fireworks and an LED neon drum show
- Lawryn and Deja’s Richmond, Virginia, wedding at The Renaissance
- Wondery and Danvas founder Hernan Lopez marries music supervisor Scott Velasquez in West Hollywood wedding
- Classic black and white wedding ideas
- Say Yes to the Dress celebrity Randy Fenoli is engaged
- Tara and Emma’s purple and ivory wedding at Berkeley City Club in Berkeley, California
- The 19th Explains: Why the Respect for Marriage Act doesn’t codify same-sex marriage rights