Ontario couple Laura and Megan met online, and according to Megan, it only took one date to know they were meant to be.
“It was clear that she was going to be my forever,” Megan writes.
On their fourth anniversary, the couple took an overnight getaway to a local inn called Elm Hurst, where they enjoyed wine, chocolate covered strawberries, a romantic dinner and massages.
“Little did I know she had something much bigger planned,” Megan says. “We had worked with our photographer, Alisha Toole, for the last four years doing an annual couple’s photo shoot, so when we grow old, we can look back on how far we’ve come. I had always hinted to Laura about how incredible it would be to somehow have Alisha there to capture the magical moment.”
When they arrived at the Inn, Laura asked Megan to take a walk.
“We came up to a beautiful gazebo, and that’s when Laura took both my hands, smiled so big and began saying how much she loved me. We both blacked out at this point. Then I heard the shutter of the camera and knew exactly what was happening. The moment I had been waiting for since the day we met was finally here. She got down on one knee and asked me to spend the rest of my life loving her. I somehow squeaked out a ‘Yes,’ tears rolling down my face, and gave her a kiss.”
They popped champagne and celebrated in the snow.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Venue: Elm Hurst Inn and Spa
Photographer: Alisha Toole Photography
Jewelry: Michael Hill
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts
- Engagement session at Matheson Hammock Park in Miami, FL
- Why Taha’a could be your dream honeymoon destination
- Boho garden wedding inspiration at Haiku I Do, Asheville
- Magical Moorea enchants for LGBTQ+ couples