Sunflower beach spring destination wedding in Isabela, Puerto Rico
Kristine and Leslie had a beach destination wedding in April in Isabela, Puerto Rico. Their wedding prominently featured sunflowers and blue roses to match the ocean views.
What advice would you give to engaged LGBTQ+ couples?
People in love don’t see gender, color or religion. Or age. It’s about the other person, the one that you love and who loves you. You don’t think of them in terms of a label. You just go with your heart.
What challenges did you face as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
It was difficult to get a photographer. The first two canceled us when we said we are lesbians.
Did you encounter any pleasant surprises as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
There were many surprises— we’re two people with the same taste, so choosing colors, designs, music and other things went perfectly without any problem.
Photographer: Carlos Caraballo Photography
Ceremony & Reception Venue: Mansion Hacienda Villa Bonita
Band: Grupo la Crisis
Attire: David’s Bridal
Jewelry: Modern Gents Trading Co.
Alaina Leary Lavoie
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Let’s get one thing straight: Bisexuals can still marry someone of a different gender
- Reports: Supreme Court appeared divided over protections for LGBTQ employees
- Black tie wedding at the Blanton Museum in Austin, Texas
- With Brie Larson’s help, a man proposed to his boyfriend at Comic Con
- This romantic sunset proposal at OUE Skyspace has a beautiful backstory
- Vintage travel-inspired fall wedding in Iowa City, Iowa
- Teal and orange fall wedding inspiration in Lake Mary, Florida
- This scavenger hunt at Gas Works Park ends with a proposal
- Moody fall photos turned surprise proposal in San Antonio, Texas
- This couples’ portrait session turned into the sweetest surprise proposal