Sunflower beach spring destination wedding in Isabela, Puerto Rico
Kristine and Leslie had a beach destination wedding in April in Isabela, Puerto Rico. Their wedding prominently featured sunflowers and blue roses to match the ocean views.
What advice would you give to engaged LGBTQ+ couples?
People in love don’t see gender, color or religion. Or age. It’s about the other person, the one that you love and who loves you. You don’t think of them in terms of a label. You just go with your heart.
What challenges did you face as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
It was difficult to get a photographer. The first two canceled us when we said we are lesbians.
Did you encounter any pleasant surprises as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
There were many surprises— we’re two people with the same taste, so choosing colors, designs, music and other things went perfectly without any problem.
Photographer: Carlos Caraballo Photography
Ceremony & Reception Venue: Mansion Hacienda Villa Bonita
Band: Grupo la Crisis
Attire: David’s Bridal
Jewelry: Modern Gents Trading Co.
Alaina Leary Lavoie
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Royal and elegant wedding at Crest Hollow Country Club
- Small summer destination wedding in Perth, Western Australia
- United Methodist Church on verge of split over same-sex marriage and LGBTQ+ clergy
- Moody, fun summer backyard wedding in Los Angeles, California
- Intimate sunset beach wedding ceremony in La Jolla, California
- LGBTQ-friendly birthing and doula group forms in D.C.
- Modern wedding inspiration influenced by artist Katsushika Hokusai
- Marriage equality is now available in Northern Ireland
- Colorful, floral tropical beach destination wedding in Makaha, Hawaii
- Your wedding’s over. Here’s what you can focus on next