Surprise engagement at Decatur Alpaca Cottage in Georgia
How did you two meet?
Susan and I met through mutual friends (like typical lesbians, I was dating a friend of hers at the time) but when her friend and I broke up, we continued to hang out. We had a great connection as friends over the years. Finally, when we were both single and the timing was right, we started dating! We have now been together for two years.
Tell us about the proposal!
The proposal was at Decatur Alpaca Cottage, a neat little Airbnb and urban farm just outside of Atlanta. We were there to visit friends in Atlanta and just for a short getaway. We signed up for an “alpaca experience” while we were there to go out into the barn and learn about the alpacas and chickens.
Marykay, the Airbnb host, decided she would ask me ahead of time if she could have a photographer there for her social media since she was trying to improve her Instagram content. I told her of course and thought nothing of it.
That day, we hung out with the animals and the photographer showed up and took some shots while we all walked around. Then she asked for some individual shots of us with the alpacas. One moment I’m petting an alpaca, the next I turn around and here was Sue down on one knee! Cue the happy tears.
I was completely surprised and after the shock wore off, extremely happy and excited. Little did I know, the host Marykay helped Susan set everything up and the photographer was Glori of Glorius Moments Photography. They had been messaging back and forth for some time! So sweet of them to help set up this awesome moment for us.
Photographer: Glorious Moments Photography
Location: Decatur Alpaca Cottage
Alaina Leary Lavoie
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Mashaun + Elvis: Georgia wedding with amethyst and aquamarine birthstone colors
- We said yes! Now what? LGBTQ+ engagement advice
- Christian + Clifton: An intimate hometown Ohio wedding
- Celebrity LGBTQ+ wedding alert! Niecy Nash marries Jessica Betts
- Angelina + Krista: Glamorous luxury lesbian wedding at the renowned Versace mansion in Miami Beach, Florida
- You’re invited to the biggest, queerest wedding of the year
- Tavion + Andrew: A Greenville, South Carolina, summer LGBTQ+ wedding with rose petal exit
- An incredible educational offer for wedding and event pros
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal