Sunset proposal in Paris with friends
Paris has always been the city closest to our hearts. We both work for an airline so we have been beyond blessed to be able to hop on a plane and have a Parisian weekend getaway. So, I felt it was only fitting that this is where I put my heart on the line and ask the man of my dreams to marry me.
He told me he had always wanted a dream engagement and I wanted to give him nothing less. I asked his mother for her blessing and with it, the planning began. I told a few of our closest friends and they were so excited for us. They are like family to both of us so I wanted them to be a part of this very special moment. We decided to make it seem like it was going to be a group trip to show some of our friends who had never been, around the city we love so much. I was so lucky everything fell into place. The first two days in Paris we did the normal tourist attractions. The third day was when I really began to get nervous. Trying to coordinate a big group of friends, plus, a secret photographer was no easy task. Finally, with much anticipation, the time had arrived. I was able to have us all go to our favorite spot in Paris telling my boyfriend I wanted to take a group photo at sunset.
When we arrived I spotted the photographer and gave her a secretive wave to indicate we were there. She smiled and waved back. With no hesitation, I asked my boyfriend to come stand with me, overlooking our favorite river in the world. After working up the courage I got down on one knee and asked him to give me the honor of spending the rest of our lives together. He said yes! and our friends erupted in cheer. It was truly the best moment of my life and I will never forget it. After the great celebration we wandered around Paris sipping champagne and enjoying the beautiful city. Asking the man of my dreams to marry me in front of our greatest friends was a dream come true.
Photographer: Pictours Paris
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Mashaun + Elvis: Georgia wedding with amethyst and aquamarine birthstone colors
- We said yes! Now what? LGBTQ+ engagement advice
- Christian + Clifton: An intimate hometown Ohio wedding
- Celebrity LGBTQ+ wedding alert! Niecy Nash marries Jessica Betts
- Angelina + Krista: Glamorous luxury lesbian wedding at the renowned Versace mansion in Miami Beach, Florida
- You’re invited to the biggest, queerest wedding of the year
- Tavion + Andrew: A Greenville, South Carolina, summer LGBTQ+ wedding with rose petal exit
- An incredible educational offer for wedding and event pros
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal