Sunset proposal in Paris with friends
Paris has always been the city closest to our hearts. We both work for an airline so we have been beyond blessed to be able to hop on a plane and have a Parisian weekend getaway. So, I felt it was only fitting that this is where I put my heart on the line and ask the man of my dreams to marry me.
He told me he had always wanted a dream engagement and I wanted to give him nothing less. I asked his mother for her blessing and with it, the planning began. I told a few of our closest friends and they were so excited for us. They are like family to both of us so I wanted them to be a part of this very special moment. We decided to make it seem like it was going to be a group trip to show some of our friends who had never been, around the city we love so much. I was so lucky everything fell into place. The first two days in Paris we did the normal tourist attractions. The third day was when I really began to get nervous. Trying to coordinate a big group of friends, plus, a secret photographer was no easy task. Finally, with much anticipation, the time had arrived. I was able to have us all go to our favorite spot in Paris telling my boyfriend I wanted to take a group photo at sunset.
When we arrived I spotted the photographer and gave her a secretive wave to indicate we were there. She smiled and waved back. With no hesitation, I asked my boyfriend to come stand with me, overlooking our favorite river in the world. After working up the courage I got down on one knee and asked him to give me the honor of spending the rest of our lives together. He said yes! and our friends erupted in cheer. It was truly the best moment of my life and I will never forget it. After the great celebration we wandered around Paris sipping champagne and enjoying the beautiful city. Asking the man of my dreams to marry me in front of our greatest friends was a dream come true.
Photographer: Pictours Paris
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Quirky and sweet Colorado couple’s scene-matching city photo shoot
- A new bill aims to protect same-sex marriage. What would it do if Obergefell falls?
- Sentimental Elements Shine For These Two Brides’ Virginia Beach Wedding Featuring Bourbon, Rainbows and a Plethora of Family Support
- Colorful New York Rainbow Wedding Featuring A Drag Queen, Handmade Arch and Boho Decor
- Booksmart Actress Beanie Feldstein Engaged to Bonnie Chance Roberts
- Ohio Fall Wedding with Irish Hand Fasting
- Sunrise engagement session on the beach of Asbury Park New Jersey
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH