Blanca wanted to surprise Stephanie with a proposal and knew the best way to do it would be to schedule a photo session that Stephanie thought was just for fun.
“Stephanie grew up in Washington and I grew up in California,” Blanca explains. “We had both joined the Army and were proudly serving our country. We both had been stationed in Afghanistan and that is where we actually met, halfway around the world.”
“So we finished out our service and moved together in California…Next I knew she was the one for me.”
Blanca set up a photo session at Orange County’s Yorba Regional Park in California. Stephanie thought it was to celebrate their 5-year anniversary of dating, but Blanca popped the question
“Of course Stephanie screamed ‘yes’ as she was super excited,” Blanca says. “She jumped into my arms with joy and excitement. I placed the ring on her finger and she could not stop gushing over it. It really was the perfect location to propose.”
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Venue: Yorba Regional Park
Photographer: Mindy Tanimoto Photography
Jewelry: Robbins Brothers
MOST VIEWED STORIES
- A destination elopement in Iceland with freshly picked blue lupine bouquets for pansexual brides
- Sunlit San Francisco wedding with evening boat cruise
- Traditional Episcopal wedding with quirky DIY touches
- Canadian DIY loft wedding filled with color
- Laid-back Colorado mountain wedding with floral triangle arch