This dreamy styled elopement on an organic flower farm was designed to celebrate LGBTQ+ acceptance
This styled shoot in Ontario, Canada came to be after a local queer couple was rejected by a photo and video vendor in photographer Amberlyn Farrington’s hometown. Farrington, of Honey and Lux Photography, wanted to help accepting vendors reach the LGBTQ+ community.
“Many industry professionals saw this viral email and started to adjust their websites and social media bios to state that they were in fact inclusive,” Farrington, a queer photographer, explained. “[I] noticed that many of these photographers were also expressing that they had not had the opportunity to work with 2SLGBTQIA+ couples, and some were using language and terminology that might actually still paint them as discriminatory.”
So Farrington planned this styled shoot to give photographers the opportunity to build a portfolio that included a real queer couple.
“Additionally,” Farrington said, “an educational component was added so that photographers could invest in the work of learning how to avoid unintentionally excluding this clientele. Instead, attendees engaged in conversation facilitated by two queer educators, to learn how to cultivate space for queer love in their business structure and practices, and spread that education so that we can make effective change in this industry.”
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Concept/Photographer: Amberlyn Farrington, Honey & Lux Photography
Planning/Coordination: Kendra Coons Confetti and Co
Venue & Florals: Feeder Flower Farm
Makeup: Victoria Rendon Beauty
Hair: Lindsay Chambers
Wardrobe Rental: The Fitzroy
Dress: For Love and Lemons
Suit: Hebe Studio
Stationery: Red Bicycle Paper Co.
Handmade Paper: Hubbub Paper Co.
Tablescape: W Events and Decor
Harvest Table & Chair Rental: Fresh Look Design Inc.
Desserts: The Pie Plate
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts
- Engagement session at Matheson Hammock Park in Miami, FL
- Why Taha’a could be your dream honeymoon destination
- Boho garden wedding inspiration at Haiku I Do, Asheville
- Magical Moorea enchants for LGBTQ+ couples