Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
Adrianna and Bri traveled from California to host a destination reception in Detroit. To celebrate their love they had an edgy and urban love shoot the day after their reception, which was captured in multiple locations around the city.
From the couple:
HOW WE MET
While we were living in Washington, D.C., we met during a happy hour event for DC Strokes, the nation’s oldest LGBTQ+ rowing team. Throughout the evening, we kept mentioning this feeling of déjà vu, like we had met before but couldn’t put our finger on where. We ultimately realized that earlier in the year, we had planned to meet after a few messages online. As the date neared, a massive snow storm swept through the northeast and shut down the city. We were never able to reschedule. Three months after we “reconnected” at the happy hour, we started dating.
Neither of us are big on surprises, so we decided to go through the proposal process together by planning a weekend away to Santa Barbara. Or at least, that was originally the plan! Much like how we met, bad weather came through Southern California bringing along with it a long weekend of heavy rain. In the end, we decided to make a day of it from our home in L.A., but we had to improvise. Adrianna woke Bri up with pancakes spelling out “Marry Me?”, and Bri created an elaborate beach-themed picnic in the living room, using an inside joke to seal the deal.
Kirsten Ott Palladino
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Where to propose at Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- How to plan a fall wedding on a budget
- 5 mocktail recipes for your sober wedding guests
- 2023 LGBTQ+ wedding trends to watch for
- Jamie and Ashley’s florescent and fun May wedding at Greenhouse Lofts in Chicago
- Simple and elegant winter wedding for two brides in Santa Ana, California
- Low-key Louisville, Kentucky, wedding celebrates chosen family, queer joy and spirituality
- A weed wedding with earthy, elegant details
- Romantic Santorini sunset proposal
- Outdoor summer wedding in Acadia National Park
- New Mexico Badlands multicultural boho lesbian elopement
- Get inspired by the romantic vibes at this Minneapolis candlelit wedding