Michael and Whit are the couple that you can simply sit back and watch as they talk about their story with a big smile. They were a blast to work with from the moment we met, through the final portrait at their wedding. If their names were “love” and “happiness,” it couldn’t be a more perfect match.
Unlike most weddings, the entire wedding party, guys and gals got ready together in the wedding suite at Salvage One. Girls in white button down shirts and boys in their polka dot boxers were a sight to see. Emotions began flowing early with tearful smiles and laughs and everyone knew that this would be an amazing day.
Michael and Whit were extremely detail-oriented and all of the decorations that you see were provided by them. Their larger than life chalk portrait done by one of their friends was amazing. Everyone came together to create a perfect day and after their first look we were off for portraits! A Saturday wedding in Chicago isn’t complete without some classic spots including the famous Chicago Theater, the ‘El’ and of course some back alleys.
The ceremony and the reception were at Salvage One, which is one of my favorite venues of all time. If you have not had a chance to visit this 60,000 square foot location, it’s a must see. With three floors of vintage furniture, home accessories and decor you are given an endless opportunity of photographic wonders. Please note, if you’re planning your wedding there, the waiting list may be over a year but well worth it.
—Michael Novo, Michael Novo Photography
Photographer: Michael Novo Photography
Wedding venue: Salvage One
Florist: Windrose Flowers
Wedding planner: Lauren Housley
DJ: Style Matters
Attire: Trunk Club Custom
Videographer: Light Leak Pictures
Officiant: Rev For Whatev
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- This surprise proposal Las Vegas style will make you happy cry
- 9 themed weddings you’ll love, from Beauty and the Beast to astronomy
- There will be a presidential primary debate entirely on LGBTQ+ issues
- Elegant southern church wedding in Conroe, Texas
- If you want to look like royalty on your wedding day, wear a crown
- 6 places you can get tomboy and genderqueer wedding attire
- These wedding capes are the best way to be extra when you get married
- Classic purple vintage wedding in Towson, Maryland
- U.S. soccer stars Ali Krieger and Ashlyn Harris are now engaged
- Modern intimate destination wedding with Hawaiian traditions