Michael and Whit are the couple that you can simply sit back and watch as they talk about their story with a big smile. They were a blast to work with from the moment we met, through the final portrait at their wedding. If their names were “love” and “happiness,” it couldn’t be a more perfect match.
Unlike most weddings, the entire wedding party, guys and gals got ready together in the wedding suite at Salvage One. Girls in white button down shirts and boys in their polka dot boxers were a sight to see. Emotions began flowing early with tearful smiles and laughs and everyone knew that this would be an amazing day.
Michael and Whit were extremely detail-oriented and all of the decorations that you see were provided by them. Their larger than life chalk portrait done by one of their friends was amazing. Everyone came together to create a perfect day and after their first look we were off for portraits! A Saturday wedding in Chicago isn’t complete without some classic spots including the famous Chicago Theater, the ‘El’ and of course some back alleys.
The ceremony and the reception were at Salvage One, which is one of my favorite venues of all time. If you have not had a chance to visit this 60,000 square foot location, it’s a must see. With three floors of vintage furniture, home accessories and decor you are given an endless opportunity of photographic wonders. Please note, if you’re planning your wedding there, the waiting list may be over a year but well worth it.
—Michael Novo, Michael Novo Photography
Photographer: Michael Novo Photography
Wedding venue: Salvage One
Florist: Windrose Flowers
Wedding planner: Lauren Housley
DJ: Style Matters
Attire: Trunk Club Custom
Videographer: Light Leak Pictures
Officiant: Rev For Whatev
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- Why our double proposal is a celebration of LGBTQ+ pride
- How our lives changed when we became gay parents with kids
- Summer luxe wedding inspiration at Summerour Studio in Atlanta
- Clarence Thomas says marriage equality ruling should be overturned
- A homophobic bride refused to hire a gay makeup artist for her wedding
- Having a wedding ring means I have to come out again and again
- I was insecure about not wanting a traditional wedding—until now
- Sunset engagement photos in Palm Springs, California
- Engagement photos in San Diego and Los Angeles, California
- Don’t make these 5 mistakes when choosing a sperm bank