Wedding cocktail: how to make a mai tai
Equally Wed Editors, 6 years ago 1 min read
The mai tai wins for best cocktail for a tropical wedding. Epicurious offers up one of our favorite mai tai recipes, which includes both dark and amber rum and that sweet spot: a dash of grenadine. Top it off with a slice of pineapple or orange, and a cherry. Your wedding guests will thank you for your delightful thoughtfulness, and your photographer will love having such a pretty drink to shoot.
Shake all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with 1 cup ice cubes, then strain into a glass filled with ice cubes.
Going for a classic cocktail? Try the gimlet.
Equally Wed Editors
We eat, breathe, sleep LGBTQ+ weddings. Sparkles, bronze chargers, Italian honeymoons, destination weddings in Maui, fire dancers, custom suits, family issues, drag queens or string quartet, what pound of card stock are you using, plum or lavender ... talk weddings to us, baby.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Best LGBTQ+ bach weekend activity ideas
- A chic Brooklyn, New York, wedding for spiritual brides with a Pride-inspired reception photoshoot
- Marriage equality in India is about to see a landmark case
- A summer mountain wedding with two dads and their son, a food truck and rainbow smoke bombs in Asheville, North Carolina
- Top 5 LGBTQ+ inclusive and affirming dating apps
- These rugby brides tied the knot after one bride’s wedding party huddle
- Best ways to include dogs in weddings
- A destination mountain wedding in Breckenridge, Colorado, with a rainbow cake