Wedding cocktail: how to make a mai tai
The mai tai wins for best cocktail for a tropical wedding. Epicurious offers up one of our favorite mai tai recipes, which includes both dark and amber rum and that sweet spot: a dash of grenadine. Top it off with a slice of pineapple or orange, and a cherry. Your wedding guests will thank you for your delightful thoughtfulness, and your photographer will love having such a pretty drink to shoot.
Shake all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with 1 cup ice cubes, then strain into a glass filled with ice cubes.
Going for a classic cocktail? Try the gimlet.
Equally Wed Editors
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day
- Nicole + Andrea: New York multicultural wedding with Caribbean roots (their first look photos are the sweetest!)
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot