Wedding cocktail: how to make a mai tai
The mai tai wins for best cocktail for a tropical wedding. Epicurious offers up one of our favorite mai tai recipes, which includes both dark and amber rum and that sweet spot: a dash of grenadine. Top it off with a slice of pineapple or orange, and a cherry. Your wedding guests will thank you for your delightful thoughtfulness, and your photographer will love having such a pretty drink to shoot.
Shake all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with 1 cup ice cubes, then strain into a glass filled with ice cubes.
Going for a classic cocktail? Try the gimlet.
Equally Wed Editors
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Mashaun + Elvis: Georgia wedding with amethyst and aquamarine birthstone colors
- We said yes! Now what? LGBTQ+ engagement advice
- Christian + Clifton: An intimate hometown Ohio wedding
- Celebrity LGBTQ+ wedding alert! Niecy Nash marries Jessica Betts
- Angelina + Krista: Glamorous luxury lesbian wedding at the renowned Versace mansion in Miami Beach, Florida
- You’re invited to the biggest, queerest wedding of the year
- Tavion + Andrew: A Greenville, South Carolina, summer LGBTQ+ wedding with rose petal exit
- An incredible educational offer for wedding and event pros
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal