Wedding Dress Up Alternatives: Joanna August’s New Collection
Wedding day styles have been lacking for the alternative brides who prefer edgy styles for her Boho wedding or a flowing skirt paired with a silky tank to complete her woodland flower hippie wedding narrative. Luckily, Joanna August’s newest collection of beautiful, wearable styles for life and love solves the problem for the bride who wants to step out of the typical bridal box.
Some brides are hipsters who might want to go for a two-piece wedding dress, maybe even dare to bare more skin and even show her sexy side. In lesbian weddings, our sporty lesbians who wouldn’t dare to wear a dress but are equally as uncomfortable in the men’s clothing department may find themselves at home in Joanna August’s jumpsuit, which I think is smoking hot! Check it out in Witchcraft. It’s also a fabulous idea for wedding guests and attendants!
For the flower power hippie chick bride, Joanna August emboldens the Woodstock maidens with separates but offers several top options to go with the skirts, including a thin strapped chiffon tank, keeping the lines formal and elegant for wedding attire.
All in all, this is a collection we’re applauding and we could even imagine adding to our own wardrobe for special occasions beyond the wedding. Which is what some brides want—wedding dresses that last beyond the big day.
Check out our full gallery of the new Joanna August collection below!
This is a sponsored post paid for by Joanna August because her mission aligns with ours: supporting everyone’s right to marry who they love.
If your business is interested in supporting Equally Wed’s award-winning editorial mission of showcasing same-sex weddings through advertising via sponsored posts, banner ads, other partnerships or you have any other ideas for us, please reach out to email@example.com.
Kirsten Ott Palladino
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal
- Heather + Tiffany: Sunday morning brunch love shoot
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day