What our editors are reading & loving on October 9, 2019
Here at Equally Wed, we love staying current on LGBTQ+ news, pop culture, culture, opinion, personal essays and more. Here are a few things we’ve read recently that are absolutely worth reading (and sharing).
The Sexist Undertones of Wedding Marketing, Suzannah Weiss, The New York Times.
Unshakeable Shame: No One Can Escape the Wedding Industry’s Fatphobia, Macey Lavoie, Bitch Media.
LGBTQ History Month: Authors and activism: A history of LGBT bookstores, Jason Villemez, The Bay Area Reporter.
15 Spooky Lesbian and Bisexual TV Characters to Prepare Your Heart for Halloween, Heather Hogan, Autostraddle.
After Two Hours of Arguments, Five Votes Could Decide the Future of LGBTQ Rights, Jessica Mason Pieklo, Rewire.
What Inclusion-Focused LGBTQ+ Wedding Planners Want You To Know, Molly Longman, Refinery29.
These Are the Most Popular Gay Wedding Songs of 2019, Sam Manzella, NewNowNext.
Bisexual Women In Politics Helped Me Realize My Sexuality Is A Strength, Olivia Caudell, Bustle.
I Loved Planning My Queer, Disability-Friendly Wedding — But It Wasn’t Easy, Alaina Leary, Refinery29.
Alaina Leary Lavoie
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Five of the best kitchen appliances to add to your wedding registry
- Kody + Jared: Timeless rainbow wedding in Asheville, North Carolina
- Kristin + Angela: Elegant, outdoor wedding at historic farm in Ballston Lake, New York
- Angelo + Sterling: DIY Filipino-American wedding in Venice, Florida
- Trevor + Santino: Mermen in love beach photoshoot