What our editors are reading & loving on October 9, 2019
Here at Equally Wed, we love staying current on LGBTQ+ news, pop culture, culture, opinion, personal essays and more. Here are a few things we’ve read recently that are absolutely worth reading (and sharing).
The Sexist Undertones of Wedding Marketing, Suzannah Weiss, The New York Times.
Unshakeable Shame: No One Can Escape the Wedding Industry’s Fatphobia, Macey Lavoie, Bitch Media.
LGBTQ History Month: Authors and activism: A history of LGBT bookstores, Jason Villemez, The Bay Area Reporter.
15 Spooky Lesbian and Bisexual TV Characters to Prepare Your Heart for Halloween, Heather Hogan, Autostraddle.
After Two Hours of Arguments, Five Votes Could Decide the Future of LGBTQ Rights, Jessica Mason Pieklo, Rewire.
What Inclusion-Focused LGBTQ+ Wedding Planners Want You To Know, Molly Longman, Refinery29.
These Are the Most Popular Gay Wedding Songs of 2019, Sam Manzella, NewNowNext.
Bisexual Women In Politics Helped Me Realize My Sexuality Is A Strength, Olivia Caudell, Bustle.
I Loved Planning My Queer, Disability-Friendly Wedding — But It Wasn’t Easy, Alaina Leary, Refinery29.
Alaina Leary Lavoie
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Mashaun + Elvis: Georgia wedding with amethyst and aquamarine birthstone colors
- We said yes! Now what? LGBTQ+ engagement advice
- Christian + Clifton: An intimate hometown Ohio wedding
- Celebrity LGBTQ+ wedding alert! Niecy Nash marries Jessica Betts
- Angelina + Krista: Glamorous luxury lesbian wedding at the renowned Versace mansion in Miami Beach, Florida
- You’re invited to the biggest, queerest wedding of the year
- Tavion + Andrew: A Greenville, South Carolina, summer LGBTQ+ wedding with rose petal exit
- An incredible educational offer for wedding and event pros
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal