What our editors are reading & loving on October 9, 2019
Here at Equally Wed, we love staying current on LGBTQ+ news, pop culture, culture, opinion, personal essays and more. Here are a few things we’ve read recently that are absolutely worth reading (and sharing).
The Sexist Undertones of Wedding Marketing, Suzannah Weiss, The New York Times.
Unshakeable Shame: No One Can Escape the Wedding Industry’s Fatphobia, Macey Lavoie, Bitch Media.
LGBTQ History Month: Authors and activism: A history of LGBT bookstores, Jason Villemez, The Bay Area Reporter.
15 Spooky Lesbian and Bisexual TV Characters to Prepare Your Heart for Halloween, Heather Hogan, Autostraddle.
After Two Hours of Arguments, Five Votes Could Decide the Future of LGBTQ Rights, Jessica Mason Pieklo, Rewire.
What Inclusion-Focused LGBTQ+ Wedding Planners Want You To Know, Molly Longman, Refinery29.
These Are the Most Popular Gay Wedding Songs of 2019, Sam Manzella, NewNowNext.
Bisexual Women In Politics Helped Me Realize My Sexuality Is A Strength, Olivia Caudell, Bustle.
I Loved Planning My Queer, Disability-Friendly Wedding — But It Wasn’t Easy, Alaina Leary, Refinery29.
Alaina Leary Lavoie
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Joyful intimate wedding outside Chicago with geometric arch and outfit change
- 5 epic LGBTQ+ wedding photos we are just so thankful exist
- Romantic Malibu engagement session by the beach
- Outdoor New Jersey wedding filled with love and sunflowers
- Bright and cheery sixties-inspired wedding ideas
- Breathtaking Sedona elopement surrounded by close friends and family
- Inclusivity in the wedding industry: faux allies, transphobia and performative actions
- Stunning and joyful elopement at Colorado’s Garden of the Gods
- “Same Love” singer Mary Lambert is engaged
- Autumn engagement session at the base of Nevada’s Mt. Charleston
- WNBA legend Renee Montgomery reveals she and music artist Sirena Grace got married
- Two stars of Amazon’s lesbian reality show, Tampa Baes, are engaged
- Rustic and modern October wedding in a Mississippi barn
- Intimate and enchanting wedding at a Pittsburgh flower garden
- Epic surprise proposal during a styled shoot on the shores of Mallorca
- LGBTQ+ people in Spain now have access to IVF treatment to build their families
- Four reasons LGBTQ+ couples should consider a Charleston honeymoon
- California engagement session surrounded by sparkling trees
- Kristen Stewart and Dylan Meyer are engaged!
- How Frank Darling can help LGBTQ+ couples design the perfect custom rings