Why you should include your pets in your engagement photos
Incorporating your fur babies is the sweetest way to add a personal touch to your wedding day or even at your engagement shoot! After all, they are part of your family and likely part of your daily routine as a couple.
Blue Moon Event Planning suggests having patience, choosing a dog-friendly photographer and having a bunch of treats on hand to make sure your pups ‘pose pretty’ during the photography sessions. Your loving fur babies can be a welcomed distraction from ‘wedding jitters’ and can create an on-camera story that conveys the love you share for each other.
Engagement sessions are usually one to two hours, multiple locations, and involve a few outfit changes. It is not practical to expect a pet to endure all of that. When booking your session, bring a friend or relative that can take the animal with them once you are done with the portraits that you want with your pet. Melissa of Blue Moon Event Planning says, “When couples include their pets in their photos it truly adds an extra touch of love, smiles, and laughter to the session and final photos.”
Melissa Buffaloe is Owner and Principal Planner of Blue Moon Event Planning, an LGBTQ+, woman-owned Southern California wedding and event planning company based in Long Beach, California. Buffaloe’s experience stems from an extensive background in theatrical Stage & Production Management, evolving into Live Event Planning. She is known for her expertise in scheduling, managing a budget, keeping track of each aspect of the event and making sure all elements come together for a smooth execution. From large theatrical stage shows to public festivals and concerts, from weddings to private parties, Buffaloe is a maverick event planner and her experience has given her the tools to produce excellent events and weddings. When she is not planning luxury parties or large scale events, she loves to cook, eat, drink wine, laugh and hang out with her wife and fur babies. For more information on Melissa, including her resume visit: www.melissa-buffaloe.com.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- From OkCupid to a sunrise mountain wedding
- A destination wedding in Mexico with cold fireworks and an LED neon drum show
- Lawryn and Deja’s Richmond, Virginia, wedding at The Renaissance
- Wondery and Danvas founder Hernan Lopez marries music supervisor Scott Velasquez in West Hollywood wedding
- Classic black and white wedding ideas
- Say Yes to the Dress celebrity Randy Fenoli is engaged
- Tara and Emma’s purple and ivory wedding at Berkeley City Club in Berkeley, California
- The 19th Explains: Why the Respect for Marriage Act doesn’t codify same-sex marriage rights