Brandon and Derrick’s wedding almost didn’t happen as Northern California fires rolled in right before the couple’s wedding was scheduled to take place. Luckily, their wedding planning team was able to relocate the festivities and let the wedding go on as planned.
Tying the knot in an outdoor ceremony, Derrick and Brandon held their ceremony among the vines, using a barrel as their altar. Guests at the intimate celebrate sat on wooden folding chairs as the marriers shared their love and toasted to their life together.
The newlyweds held their reception indoors with everyone gathering around one long table. Covered with a black and white print table runner, the table was decorated with floral arrangements, candles and geometric glass sculptures. A multi-course meal was served which included a two-tier cake topped with a few colorful flowers.
Leading up to the wedding day, emotions were running high – anxiousness around whether or not we’d even be able to get married that weekend (due to the devastating fires) but also worrisome that our wedding planners would be OK, knowing they themselves lost their homes. We were elated to hear from Brittany and Kalika that our wedding would still be on and moved to a new venue. At that point, we didn’t care where it happened or how – just that we would be able to get the spend the day confessing our love and promises to each other in front of our loved ones. Little did we know that Run Away With Me went into ‘damage control’ mode and turned our wedding ceremony into everything we had hoped for and more, especially under the circumstances. Our big day was the happiest moment of our lives and we often look back to that day and think, “Wow! What an amazing story we have to tell for the rest of our lives.
From the couple, Brandon and Derrick
Photographer: Run Away With Me
Ceremony venue: Private Winery
Reception venue: Insalata’s Restaurant
Floral designer: Dragonfly Floral
Equipment rentals: Encore Events Rentals
Cake Designer: Mapi’s Cakes
Event Planner: Run Away With Me
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- How to choose a wedding venue
- They is 2019’s word of the year
- Everything you need to know about planning your LGBTQ+ honeymoon
- National groups blast GOP federal LGBTQ rights bill as permitting ‘licenses to discriminate’ by wedding vendors, religious groups
- Romantic engagement photos at Milwaukee Central Public Library
- This surprise flash mob dance party proposal will move you to tears
- Pantone reveals classic blue as its 2020 Color of the Year
- The Knot, Pinterest and Zola will stop promoting plantation weddings
- TikTok is limiting the reach of LGBTQ+, disabled and fat people’s videos
- My husband and I honeymooned in South Africa. Here’s why we loved it