Brandon and Derrick’s wedding almost didn’t happen as Northern California fires rolled in right before the couple’s wedding was scheduled to take place. Luckily, their wedding planning team was able to relocate the festivities and let the wedding go on as planned.
Tying the knot in an outdoor ceremony, Derrick and Brandon held their ceremony among the vines, using a barrel as their altar. Guests at the intimate celebrate sat on wooden folding chairs as the marriers shared their love and toasted to their life together.
The newlyweds held their reception indoors with everyone gathering around one long table. Covered with a black and white print table runner, the table was decorated with floral arrangements, candles and geometric glass sculptures. A multi-course meal was served which included a two-tier cake topped with a few colorful flowers.
Leading up to the wedding day, emotions were running high – anxiousness around whether or not we’d even be able to get married that weekend (due to the devastating fires) but also worrisome that our wedding planners would be OK, knowing they themselves lost their homes. We were elated to hear from Brittany and Kalika that our wedding would still be on and moved to a new venue. At that point, we didn’t care where it happened or how – just that we would be able to get the spend the day confessing our love and promises to each other in front of our loved ones. Little did we know that Run Away With Me went into ‘damage control’ mode and turned our wedding ceremony into everything we had hoped for and more, especially under the circumstances. Our big day was the happiest moment of our lives and we often look back to that day and think, “Wow! What an amazing story we have to tell for the rest of our lives.
From the couple, Brandon and Derrick
Photographer: Run Away With Me
Ceremony venue: Private Winery
Reception venue: Insalata’s Restaurant
Floral designer: Dragonfly Floral
Equipment rentals: Encore Events Rentals
Cake Designer: Mapi’s Cakes
Event Planner: Run Away With Me
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- Child of lesbian moms denied access to Texas daycare because parents are in same-sex marriage
- LGBTQ+ family planning: be the parents you’ve always dreamed of with the help of Cryos
- These Disney LGBTQ+ weddings are pure magic
- Here’s how we decided to get married in Provincetown, Massachusetts
- Colorful, whimsical spring backyard wedding in Austin, Texas
- Rustic, moody farm wedding inspiration in Purcellville, Virginia
- Beach honeymoon photos in Bora Bora
- Why we chose an anonymous sperm donor to start a family
- Northern Ireland politician reverses stance on same-sex marriage after daughter marries woman
- 8 literary favors for your bookish or library themed wedding