WNBA star ties the knot then plays game 24 hours later
Former Phoenix Mercury teammates Diana Taurasi and Penny Taylor tied the knot this past Saturday, less than 24 hours before Taurasi’s season opener with the Mercury.
Taurasi, 34 is currently a guard for the Mercury. Taylor, who turns 36 next week, spent 13 years in the WNBA before retiring last year. She spent the last 10 years of her career as a player on the Phoenix Mercury, and is currently the director of player personnel for the team.
Not even a full day after the wedding, Taurasi was back on the court for the Phoenix Mercury’s first game of the season against the Dallas Wings. Unfortunately for the newlyweds, the Wings won the game, 68 to 58.
Taurasi has played for the Mercury for 10 years, has been in the U.S. Olympic basketball team, helping them to achieve four gold medals and is a UConn basketball legend, winning three consecutive NCAA championships during her time there.
Taylor and Taurasi are known for being a very private couple, and so far no photos of the wedding have been released.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Inclusive Wedding Fair debuts in Fayetteville, Tennessee
- Sunny outdoor Canadian wedding with haystack photos and geometric arch
- Cottagecore wedding ideas with poetry, tarot cards, and pagan altar
- Sunny Sedona elopement with picnic and guitar
- 5 wedding headpiece trends you’ll see in 2022
- Grand Las Vegas proposal with candles, rose petals, and light boxes
- Drag queen wedding inspiration with flowing floral gown and cotton candy wall
- Israel legalizes surrogacy for LGBTQ+ couples
- LGBTQ+ wedding titles: bride, groom, marrier and more!
- Fairytale outdoor wedding in New Jersey with whimsical decor and endless greenery
- Black and gold Hollywood wedding at The Ebell of Los Angeles
- Basketball-themed golden hour engagement session in Calgary