WNBA star ties the knot then plays game 24 hours later
Former Phoenix Mercury teammates Diana Taurasi and Penny Taylor tied the knot this past Saturday, less than 24 hours before Taurasi’s season opener with the Mercury.
Taurasi, 34 is currently a guard for the Mercury. Taylor, who turns 36 next week, spent 13 years in the WNBA before retiring last year. She spent the last 10 years of her career as a player on the Phoenix Mercury, and is currently the director of player personnel for the team.
Not even a full day after the wedding, Taurasi was back on the court for the Phoenix Mercury’s first game of the season against the Dallas Wings. Unfortunately for the newlyweds, the Wings won the game, 68 to 58.
Taurasi has played for the Mercury for 10 years, has been in the U.S. Olympic basketball team, helping them to achieve four gold medals and is a UConn basketball legend, winning three consecutive NCAA championships during her time there.
Taylor and Taurasi are known for being a very private couple, and so far no photos of the wedding have been released.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Lizzo and YITTY launch a gender-neutral shapewear line
- This destination elopement in Central Park featured couture velvet suit jackets and Star Wars cufflinks
- In celebration and memory of LGBTQ+ icon Paul O’Grady
- From a New York first date to a New Orleans fall LGBTQ+ wedding with a second line and Polaroid guest book
- Yes, you should schedule an engagement photoshoot!
- These grooms walked down the aisle together with their dog in their outdoor Savannah, Georgia, LGBTQ+ wedding
- Best LGBTQ+ bach weekend activity ideas
- A chic Brooklyn, New York, wedding for spiritual brides with a Pride-inspired reception photoshoot