WNBA star ties the knot then plays game 24 hours later
Former Phoenix Mercury teammates Diana Taurasi and Penny Taylor tied the knot this past Saturday, less than 24 hours before Taurasi’s season opener with the Mercury.
Taurasi, 34 is currently a guard for the Mercury. Taylor, who turns 36 next week, spent 13 years in the WNBA before retiring last year. She spent the last 10 years of her career as a player on the Phoenix Mercury, and is currently the director of player personnel for the team.
Not even a full day after the wedding, Taurasi was back on the court for the Phoenix Mercury’s first game of the season against the Dallas Wings. Unfortunately for the newlyweds, the Wings won the game, 68 to 58.
Taurasi has played for the Mercury for 10 years, has been in the U.S. Olympic basketball team, helping them to achieve four gold medals and is a UConn basketball legend, winning three consecutive NCAA championships during her time there.
Taylor and Taurasi are known for being a very private couple, and so far no photos of the wedding have been released.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Colorful New York Rainbow Wedding Featuring A Drag Queen, Handmade Arch and Boho Decor
- Booksmart Actress Beanie Feldstein Engaged to Bonnie Chance Roberts
- Ohio Fall Wedding with Irish Hand Fasting
- Sunrise engagement session on the beach of Asbury Park New Jersey
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts