WNBA star ties the knot then plays game 24 hours later
Former Phoenix Mercury teammates Diana Taurasi and Penny Taylor tied the knot this past Saturday, less than 24 hours before Taurasi’s season opener with the Mercury.
Taurasi, 34 is currently a guard for the Mercury. Taylor, who turns 36 next week, spent 13 years in the WNBA before retiring last year. She spent the last 10 years of her career as a player on the Phoenix Mercury, and is currently the director of player personnel for the team.
Not even a full day after the wedding, Taurasi was back on the court for the Phoenix Mercury’s first game of the season against the Dallas Wings. Unfortunately for the newlyweds, the Wings won the game, 68 to 58.
Taurasi has played for the Mercury for 10 years, has been in the U.S. Olympic basketball team, helping them to achieve four gold medals and is a UConn basketball legend, winning three consecutive NCAA championships during her time there.
Taylor and Taurasi are known for being a very private couple, and so far no photos of the wedding have been released.
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal
- Heather + Tiffany: Sunday morning brunch love shoot
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day