2017 Emmy red carpet fashion provides wedding inspiration
Celebrities walking the red carpet of the Emmy Awards are always dressed to impress. Their runway-worthy styles gave viewers lots of wedding fashion inspiration, from ballgowns to pantsuits.
Jessica Biel adapted this year’s metallic trend, wearing silver Ralph & Russo Couture. Suits and tuxedos were also in style on Emmy night. While she opted not to share this beauty on the red carpet, Oprah wowed the crowd when she hit the stage in her black and white strapless Elizabeth Kennedy tuxedo.
Sofia Vergara gave off major wedding vibes in her Mark Zunino gown that looked like it was ready to go straight from the red carpet straight down the aisle.
Ron Cephas Jones rocked a casual tuxedo look, wearing his black bowtie completely untied, which created a bold contrast from his all-white tuxedo shirt and jacket.
Lena Waithe not only slayed in a stunning gold detailed tuxedo, but also gave a powerful acceptance speech with a shoutout to the LGBTQIA community.
“I love you all and last but certainly not least my LGBTQIA family,” Waithe shared. “I see each and every one of you. The things that make us different, those are our superpowers — every day when you walk out the door and put on your imaginary cape and go out there and conquer the world because the world would not be as beautiful as it is if we weren’t in it.”
And because you can never have too much rainbow, Tessa Thompson’s Rosie Assoulin outfit is here for all to marvel at. Perfect for a rainbow wedding.
Adults weren’t the only ones making fashion statements on the red carpet. The young cast of Stranger Things wore some bold styles that will make you think twice about your own closet. These styles would all be perfect choices for a junior wedding attendant to stand out at your wedding.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Stunning adventure elopement at Oregon’s Mt. Hood
- Youtuber Cammie Scott proposes to girlfriend in epic ode to 10 Things I Hate About You
- 5 of our favorite LGBTQ celebrity engagements of 2021
- Romantic Zoom wedding eight years in the making
- Seaside South Carolina proposal on horseback
- Joyful intimate wedding outside Chicago with geometric arch and outfit change
- 5 epic LGBTQ+ wedding photos we are just so thankful exist
- Romantic Malibu engagement session by the beach
- Outdoor New Jersey wedding filled with love and sunflowers
- Bright and cheery sixties-inspired wedding ideas
- Breathtaking Sedona elopement surrounded by close friends and family
- Inclusivity in the wedding industry: faux allies, transphobia and performative actions
- Stunning and joyful elopement at Colorado’s Garden of the Gods
- “Same Love” singer Mary Lambert is engaged
- Autumn engagement session at the base of Nevada’s Mt. Charleston
- WNBA legend Renee Montgomery reveals she and music artist Sirena Grace got married
- Two stars of Amazon’s lesbian reality show, Tampa Baes, are engaged
- Rustic and modern October wedding in a Mississippi barn
- Intimate and enchanting wedding at a Pittsburgh flower garden
- Epic surprise proposal during a styled shoot on the shores of Mallorca