2017 Emmy red carpet fashion provides wedding inspiration
Celebrities walking the red carpet of the Emmy Awards are always dressed to impress. Their runway-worthy styles gave viewers lots of wedding fashion inspiration, from ballgowns to pantsuits.
Jessica Biel adapted this year’s metallic trend, wearing silver Ralph & Russo Couture. Suits and tuxedos were also in style on Emmy night. While she opted not to share this beauty on the red carpet, Oprah wowed the crowd when she hit the stage in her black and white strapless Elizabeth Kennedy tuxedo.
Sofia Vergara gave off major wedding vibes in her Mark Zunino gown that looked like it was ready to go straight from the red carpet straight down the aisle.
Ron Cephas Jones rocked a casual tuxedo look, wearing his black bowtie completely untied, which created a bold contrast from his all-white tuxedo shirt and jacket.
Lena Waithe not only slayed in a stunning gold detailed tuxedo, but also gave a powerful acceptance speech with a shoutout to the LGBTQIA community.
“I love you all and last but certainly not least my LGBTQIA family,” Waithe shared. “I see each and every one of you. The things that make us different, those are our superpowers — every day when you walk out the door and put on your imaginary cape and go out there and conquer the world because the world would not be as beautiful as it is if we weren’t in it.”
And because you can never have too much rainbow, Tessa Thompson’s Rosie Assoulin outfit is here for all to marvel at. Perfect for a rainbow wedding.
Adults weren’t the only ones making fashion statements on the red carpet. The young cast of Stranger Things wore some bold styles that will make you think twice about your own closet. These styles would all be perfect choices for a junior wedding attendant to stand out at your wedding.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- National groups blast GOP federal LGBTQ rights bill as permitting ‘licenses to discriminate’ by wedding vendors, religious groups
- Romantic engagement photos at Milwaukee Central Public Library
- This surprise flash mob dance party proposal will move you to tears
- Pantone reveals classic blue as its 2020 Color of the Year
- The Knot, Pinterest and Zola will stop promoting plantation weddings
- TikTok is limiting the reach of LGBTQ+, disabled and fat people’s videos
- My husband and I honeymooned in South Africa. Here’s why we loved it
- Tropical blue and green beach wedding in St. Petersburg, Florida
- 6 real weddings that will get you in a cozy mood for the holidays
- How we organized our wedding party from across the country