A destination elopement in the Colorado mountains
Molly Sprayregen, 2 years ago 1 min read
German couple Katharina and Kim flew across the ocean to elope in the gorgeous mountains of Winter Park, Colorado.
On their wedding day in September 2019, the couple woke early and got ready while it was still dark outside. Together, they hiked to a beautiful overlook on the Continental Divide Trail. They committed to spend their lives together beside a gleaming lake while the sun rose overhead, casting a soft glow over the peaks that surrounded them.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Larsen Photo Co
Submit your LGBTQ+ wedding, engagement or family story for editorial consideration.
Molly Sprayregen was previously an associate editor for Equally Wed. She is also a freelance journalist covering a range of LGBTQ+ issues, from politics to healthcare to business. In addition to her work for Equally Wed, she profiles LGBTQ+ politicians for LGBTQ Nation, as well as LGBTQ+ women in business for Forbes.com. She is also a book reviewer for the Associated Press. Molly has also had work published in Them, Out Magazine, Huffington Post, the Associated Press, and more.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- How to celebrate International Transgender Day of Visibility
- A winter wedding in Orlando, Florida, celebrating two brides and their son with a spiritual ceremony and vegan cake
- Lizzo and YITTY launch a gender-neutral shapewear line
- This destination elopement in Central Park featured couture velvet suit jackets and Star Wars cufflinks
- In celebration and memory of LGBTQ+ icon Paul O’Grady
- From a New York first date to a New Orleans fall LGBTQ+ wedding with a second line and Polaroid guest book
- Yes, you should schedule an engagement photoshoot!
- These grooms walked down the aisle together with their dog in their outdoor Savannah, Georgia, LGBTQ+ wedding