A gorgeous proposal on the shores of Lake Michigan
“Joanna’s the perfect mix of beautiful, funny, charismatic, sweet and sassy,” says fiancée Amanda.
Joanna proposed to Amanda on the shores of Lake Michigan while the couple was on a trip to Chicago.
“A few of our closest friends tagged along, but I thought nothing of it,” Amanda says. “We travel often. We walked along Lake Michigan and Joanna asked me, ‘Can you take your coat off so we can get an awesome photograph?’ I replied, ‘It’s cold out!’ I proceeded to take of my jacket off though. As her sister and her sister’s boyfriend snapped a gorgeous picture, Joanna got down on one knee. I immediately said yes. Spending the rest of my life with this woman will always and forever be my greatest adventure.”
Amanda and Joanna will marry on April 2, 2022, at Renault Winery in New Jersey.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Elopement inspiration with artisanal Mexican decor at Joshua Tree National Park
- Queer Eye star Tan France and husband Rob are expecting their first child
- Glamorous winter wedding in San Diego
- Dinner cruise proposal under Amsterdam’s lucky Skinny Bridge
- An intimate mountain wedding after a romantic double proposal