A gorgeous proposal on the shores of Lake Michigan
“Joanna’s the perfect mix of beautiful, funny, charismatic, sweet and sassy,” says fiancée Amanda.
Joanna proposed to Amanda on the shores of Lake Michigan while the couple was on a trip to Chicago.
“A few of our closest friends tagged along, but I thought nothing of it,” Amanda says. “We travel often. We walked along Lake Michigan and Joanna asked me, ‘Can you take your coat off so we can get an awesome photograph?’ I replied, ‘It’s cold out!’ I proceeded to take of my jacket off though. As her sister and her sister’s boyfriend snapped a gorgeous picture, Joanna got down on one knee. I immediately said yes. Spending the rest of my life with this woman will always and forever be my greatest adventure.”
Amanda and Joanna will marry on April 2, 2022, at Renault Winery in New Jersey.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Jamie and Ashley’s florescent and fun May wedding at Greenhouse Lofts in Chicago
- Simple and elegant winter wedding for two brides in Santa Ana, California
- Low-key Louisville, Kentucky, wedding celebrates chosen family, queer joy and spirituality
- A weed wedding with earthy, elegant details
- Romantic Santorini sunset proposal
- Outdoor summer wedding in Acadia National Park
- New Mexico Badlands multicultural boho lesbian elopement
- Get inspired by the romantic vibes at this Minneapolis candlelit wedding
- Quirky and sweet Colorado couple’s scene-matching city photo shoot
- A new bill aims to protect same-sex marriage. What would it do if Obergefell falls?
- Sentimental Elements Shine For These Two Brides’ Virginia Beach Wedding Featuring Bourbon, Rainbows and a Plethora of Family Support
- Colorful New York Rainbow Wedding Featuring A Drag Queen, Handmade Arch and Boho Decor