Holly and Kaitlin’s beach-themed summer wedding mixed in a nautical Maine theme to match the location in Kennebunkport. Their signature colors were blue/teal and orange, and their summer floral bouquets accentuated the summer New England vibes. Their first dance was to “Diamonds” by Rihanna.
SEARCH FOR EQUALITY-MINDED WEDDING VENDORS
Photographer: Millyard Studios
Ceremony Venue: Goose Rocks Beach
Reception Venue: Ocean Woods Resort
Florist: Blooms and Heirlooms
Planner: Kathleen Spang from Ocean Woods Resort
Dresses: Justin Alexander and David’s Bridal
Attendant Attire: David’s Bridal and Men’s Warehouse
Catering: Ocean Woods Resort
Cake Designer: The Cookie Jar
Officiant: Cynthia Chadwick-Granger
Alaina Leary Lavoie
Alaina Leary Lavoie is an award-winning editor and journalist. She is currently the Communications Manager of the nonprofit We Need Diverse Books and was the senior editor for Equally Wed Magazine from August 2018 to March 2020. Her work has been published in New York Times, Washington Post, Refinery29, Healthline, Teen Vogue, Cosmopolitan, Boston Globe Magazine, and more. In 2017, she was awarded a Bookbuilders of Boston scholarship for her dedication to amplifying marginalized voices and advocating for an equitable publishing and media industry. Alaina lives in Boston with her wife and their two cats. You can find Alaina on Twitter and Instagram @alainaskeys.
Comments are closed.
MOST VIEWED STORIES
- Cultural appropriations to avoid at your wedding
- 10 of our favorite LGBTQ+ Pride weddings
- Brides Beanie Feldstein and Bonnie-Chance Roberts marry in an outdoor ‘Jew-ish’ wedding
- These lesbian brides met on Tinder and married in a destination elopement at a beach club in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Overwhelming majority of straight Americans back LGBTQ+ rights, new GLAAD survey finds
Beautiful wedding location. Of course, I’m partial to a California beach wedding, but beautiful, nonetheless.