This couple had to change their wedding plans to evacuate a hurricane
In the midst of preparing for their destination wedding, Liz and Katie found their home in the evacuation zone of a major hurricane. So they put final fittings and packing on hold and boarded up the house. They headed to the Washington, D.C., area, trying not to think about the damage that they may return to.
When we arrived on their wedding day, you would have no idea that anything worrisome might be going on in their lives. The pair was just incredibly happy to be together with their family and friends to celebrate their love.
Luckily, their home was undamaged during the hurricane and they were able to return to their daily lives—as newlyweds!
We were thrilled to be a part of this special day; Liz and Katie are wonderful and are surrounded by delightful friends, family, and puppies!
Photographer: Photos from the Harty
Venue: Private Residence
Event Planner: Mary Alice Haft
Alaina Leary Lavoie
OUR PREFERRED PLATINUM VENDORS
- Seaside engagement inspiration with picnic, classic car, and handmade floral masks
- Urban engagement session on the streets of Brussels
- Santa Cruz courthouse elopement followed by beach photos
- Jamie Lee Curtis will officiate her transgender daughter’s wedding
- Surprise Pacific Northwest proposal at a mountain lake