This couple had to change their wedding plans to evacuate a hurricane
In the midst of preparing for their destination wedding, Liz and Katie found their home in the evacuation zone of a major hurricane. So they put final fittings and packing on hold and boarded up the house. They headed to the Washington, D.C., area, trying not to think about the damage that they may return to.
When we arrived on their wedding day, you would have no idea that anything worrisome might be going on in their lives. The pair was just incredibly happy to be together with their family and friends to celebrate their love.
Luckily, their home was undamaged during the hurricane and they were able to return to their daily lives—as newlyweds!
We were thrilled to be a part of this special day; Liz and Katie are wonderful and are surrounded by delightful friends, family, and puppies!
Photographer: Photos from the Harty
Venue: Private Residence
Event Planner: Mary Alice Haft
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- Child of lesbian moms denied access to Texas daycare because parents are in same-sex marriage
- LGBTQ+ family planning: be the parents you’ve always dreamed of with the help of Cryos
- These Disney LGBTQ+ weddings are pure magic
- Here’s how we decided to get married in Provincetown, Massachusetts
- Colorful, whimsical spring backyard wedding in Austin, Texas
- Rustic, moody farm wedding inspiration in Purcellville, Virginia
- Beach honeymoon photos in Bora Bora
- Why we chose an anonymous sperm donor to start a family
- Northern Ireland politician reverses stance on same-sex marriage after daughter marries woman
- 8 literary favors for your bookish or library themed wedding