This couple had to change their wedding plans to evacuate a hurricane
In the midst of preparing for their destination wedding, Liz and Katie found their home in the evacuation zone of a major hurricane. So they put final fittings and packing on hold and boarded up the house. They headed to the Washington, D.C., area, trying not to think about the damage that they may return to.
When we arrived on their wedding day, you would have no idea that anything worrisome might be going on in their lives. The pair was just incredibly happy to be together with their family and friends to celebrate their love.
Luckily, their home was undamaged during the hurricane and they were able to return to their daily lives—as newlyweds!
We were thrilled to be a part of this special day; Liz and Katie are wonderful and are surrounded by delightful friends, family, and puppies!
Photographer: Photos from the Harty
Venue: Private Residence
Event Planner: Mary Alice Haft
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
- 10 LGBTQ+ wedding details that will make your heart explode!
- Fairy themed trans wedding in wine country
- Stunning waterfront photos to celebrate IVF and starting a family
- ABA issues formal opinion that judges can’t refuse same-sex marriages
- I didn’t think Valentine’s Day was for queer couples—now I love celebrating it
- Feminine edgy pink and black wedding inspiration
- Southwestern garden wedding inspiration
- Bank lobby flash mob proposal
- This Republican bill seeks to strip gay marriage rights in Tennessee
- Red and purple African diaspora wedding