This couple had to change their wedding plans to evacuate a hurricane
In the midst of preparing for their destination wedding, Liz and Katie found their home in the evacuation zone of a major hurricane. So they put final fittings and packing on hold and boarded up the house. They headed to the Washington, D.C., area, trying not to think about the damage that they may return to.
When we arrived on their wedding day, you would have no idea that anything worrisome might be going on in their lives. The pair was just incredibly happy to be together with their family and friends to celebrate their love.
Luckily, their home was undamaged during the hurricane and they were able to return to their daily lives—as newlyweds!
We were thrilled to be a part of this special day; Liz and Katie are wonderful and are surrounded by delightful friends, family, and puppies!
Photographer: Photos from the Harty
Venue: Private Residence
Event Planner: Mary Alice Haft
Alaina Leary Lavoie
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Tennessee joins trend of states passing anti-LGBTQ+ adoption laws
- You’re married now, should you celebrate your old anniversary?
- Beach destination wedding and honeymoon in Honolulu, Hawaii
- Sunset, books and basketball maternity photos
- Glamorous vintage wedding at The Tides Estate in New Jersey
- Floral bohemian elopement inspiration at Joshua Tree
- Epic spring Garden of the Gods elopement with dog attendants
- Royal and elegant wedding at Crest Hollow Country Club
- Small summer destination wedding in Perth, Western Australia
- United Methodist Church on verge of split over same-sex marriage and LGBTQ+ clergy