This couple had to change their wedding plans to evacuate a hurricane
In the midst of preparing for their destination wedding, Liz and Katie found their home in the evacuation zone of a major hurricane. So they put final fittings and packing on hold and boarded up the house. They headed to the Washington, D.C., area, trying not to think about the damage that they may return to.
When we arrived on their wedding day, you would have no idea that anything worrisome might be going on in their lives. The pair was just incredibly happy to be together with their family and friends to celebrate their love.
Luckily, their home was undamaged during the hurricane and they were able to return to their daily lives—as newlyweds!
We were thrilled to be a part of this special day; Liz and Katie are wonderful and are surrounded by delightful friends, family, and puppies!
Photographer: Photos from the Harty
Venue: Private Residence
Event Planner: Mary Alice Haft
Alaina Leary Lavoie
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Let’s get one thing straight: Bisexuals can still marry someone of a different gender
- Reports: Supreme Court appeared divided over protections for LGBTQ employees
- Black tie wedding at the Blanton Museum in Austin, Texas
- With Brie Larson’s help, a man proposed to his boyfriend at Comic Con
- This romantic sunset proposal at OUE Skyspace has a beautiful backstory
- Vintage travel-inspired fall wedding in Iowa City, Iowa
- Teal and orange fall wedding inspiration in Lake Mary, Florida
- This scavenger hunt at Gas Works Park ends with a proposal
- Moody fall photos turned surprise proposal in San Antonio, Texas
- This couples’ portrait session turned into the sweetest surprise proposal