Bold and boundless wedding ideas with rich blues and purples
This styled shoot, called Bold and Boundless, “was inspired by a love story that knows no limits; one that is unwavering, bold, and beautiful,” writes photographer Lauren Dinh of Playful Soul Photography.
Models Dylan and Dane met on Instagram in 2018. A year and a half later, Dylan tested positive for COVID-19. Since Dane was negative, they had to quarantine from each other. When they reunited, Dane proposed instantly, saying he couldn’t stand being apart for two weeks, let alone the rest of their lives.
The shoot focused on rich blues and purples. “We chose two tones of colors to represent two passionate souls that can harmoniously blend together effortlessly in an almost monochromatic way,” Dinh says.
The “boundless” component of the shoot was communicated through floral arrangements.
“The usage of hand painted dried fan palms, gypsophila, and limonium created a beautiful wild like and overgrown vibe; one that sends a message that love cannot conform. Love moves in all sorts of directions and is unstoppable just like Dylan and Dane themselves. In addition, we combined gorgeous dyed roses and preserved amaranthus with stunning purple and blue hydrangeas to showcase the love that is in bloom. Blue reindeer moss was also used to add some texture to these gorgeous arrangements.”
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Playful Soul Photography
Planner: Events By The Cea
Venue: Golden Ladybug Estate
Attire: The Black Tux; Generation Tux
Equipment Rentals: Baker Party Rentals
Signage: Tipsy Cricket
Apparel: Dazi USA
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Colorful New York Rainbow Wedding Featuring A Drag Queen, Handmade Arch and Boho Decor
- Booksmart Actress Beanie Feldstein Engaged to Bonnie Chance Roberts
- Ohio Fall Wedding with Irish Hand Fasting
- Sunrise engagement session on the beach of Asbury Park New Jersey
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts