Bold and colorful Wonder Woman–inspired wedding ideas
Katie and Jess met online, and immediately could not get enough of each other. Jess was unfortunately out of town when they began to chat, but that didn’t stop them from falling in love.
“We started talking around the clock,” Katie says. “She was still in California, which is three hours behind, so I was staying up until 3 and 4 in the morning to talk. We would talk for HOURS. She was supposed to stay in California for two and a half months but cut her trip short and started back to Pittsburgh one month early because we couldn’t wait any longer to meet in person.”
They talked on the phone for almost the entire 22 hours of Jess’s drive back home.
When they finally met, Katie says sparks flew instantly.
“I knew I was head over heels for her. I proposed only two weeks later. Sounds crazy, right? But I knew she was the person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.”
The couple married in a small ceremony on October 2019, and while planning for a big celebration later on, they decided to partake in a Wonder Woman–inspired photo shoot with Alisha Faith Photography . This allowed them to experiment with makeup, clothing, and hair–and also to have some fun celebrating their love once more.
The shoot took place at The Energy Innovation Center, a multi-use space with a gorgeous view that was once used as a trade school in the 1930s.
The shoot was inspired by the Wonder Woman movie, WW84. In addition to other nods to the movie, the couple wore bright and colorful makeup; the cake included a handmade gold sugar iris flower inspired by Wonder Woman’s golden armor; and the wording of the menus and welcome sign used an aesthetic inspired by the movie poster. The couple also posed with brightly colored confetti and smoke bombs as a way to celebrate being part of the LGBTQ+ community.
According to their photographer, Katie and Jess were the perfect Wonder Women.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Alisha Faith Photography
Planner: Julie Renee Events
Video: Motion Works
Venue: Energy Innovation Center
Linens: Party Mosaic
Design and Decor: Eventioneers
Invitations: Love Daily Stationary Design
Equipment Rentals: The Mustard Couch ; Brittany Anne’s Rentals
Floral: Posy Floral and Event Design
Makeup: See Jane Blush
Hair: Hair by Jenna DeGol
Dress Store: One White Lane Bridal Gallery
Dress Designer: Sophia Tolli, Stella York
Tuxedo: INC International Concepts
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts
- Engagement session at Matheson Hammock Park in Miami, FL
- Why Taha’a could be your dream honeymoon destination
- Boho garden wedding inspiration at Haiku I Do, Asheville
- Magical Moorea enchants for LGBTQ+ couples