Bold and colorful Wonder Woman–inspired wedding ideas
Katie and Jess met online, and immediately could not get enough of each other. Jess was unfortunately out of town when they began to chat, but that didn’t stop them from falling in love.
“We started talking around the clock,” Katie says. “She was still in California, which is three hours behind, so I was staying up until 3 and 4 in the morning to talk. We would talk for HOURS. She was supposed to stay in California for two and a half months but cut her trip short and started back to Pittsburgh one month early because we couldn’t wait any longer to meet in person.”
They talked on the phone for almost the entire 22 hours of Jess’s drive back home.
When they finally met, Katie says sparks flew instantly.
“I knew I was head over heels for her. I proposed only two weeks later. Sounds crazy, right? But I knew she was the person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.”
The couple married in a small ceremony on October 2019, and while planning for a big celebration later on, they decided to partake in a Wonder Woman–inspired photo shoot with Alisha Faith Photography . This allowed them to experiment with makeup, clothing, and hair–and also to have some fun celebrating their love once more.
The shoot took place at The Energy Innovation Center, a multi-use space with a gorgeous view that was once used as a trade school in the 1930s.
The shoot was inspired by the Wonder Woman movie, WW84. In addition to other nods to the movie, the couple wore bright and colorful makeup; the cake included a handmade gold sugar iris flower inspired by Wonder Woman’s golden armor; and the wording of the menus and welcome sign used an aesthetic inspired by the movie poster. The couple also posed with brightly colored confetti and smoke bombs as a way to celebrate being part of the LGBTQ+ community.
According to their photographer, Katie and Jess were the perfect Wonder Women.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Alisha Faith Photography
Planner: Julie Renee Events
Video: Motion Works
Venue: Energy Innovation Center
Linens: Party Mosaic
Design and Decor: Eventioneers
Invitations: Love Daily Stationary Design
Equipment Rentals: The Mustard Couch ; Brittany Anne’s Rentals
Floral: Posy Floral and Event Design
Makeup: See Jane Blush
Hair: Hair by Jenna DeGol
Dress Store: One White Lane Bridal Gallery
Dress Designer: Sophia Tolli, Stella York
Tuxedo: INC International Concepts
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Joyful intimate wedding outside Chicago with geometric arch and outfit change
- 5 epic LGBTQ+ wedding photos we are just so thankful exist
- Romantic Malibu engagement session by the beach
- Outdoor New Jersey wedding filled with love and sunflowers
- Bright and cheery sixties-inspired wedding ideas
- Breathtaking Sedona elopement surrounded by close friends and family
- Inclusivity in the wedding industry: faux allies, transphobia and performative actions
- Stunning and joyful elopement at Colorado’s Garden of the Gods
- “Same Love” singer Mary Lambert is engaged
- Autumn engagement session at the base of Nevada’s Mt. Charleston
- WNBA legend Renee Montgomery reveals she and music artist Sirena Grace got married
- Two stars of Amazon’s lesbian reality show, Tampa Baes, are engaged
- Rustic and modern October wedding in a Mississippi barn
- Intimate and enchanting wedding at a Pittsburgh flower garden
- Epic surprise proposal during a styled shoot on the shores of Mallorca
- LGBTQ+ people in Spain now have access to IVF treatment to build their families
- Four reasons LGBTQ+ couples should consider a Charleston honeymoon
- California engagement session surrounded by sparkling trees
- Kristen Stewart and Dylan Meyer are engaged!
- How Frank Darling can help LGBTQ+ couples design the perfect custom rings