Botanical Gardens elopement honoring Guatemalan culture
Chris and Erick were supposed to have a destination wedding on Lake Atitlan in Guatemala, where Erick’s family is from. Covid-19, however, prevented that Plan A from happening. But the couple made lemons out of lemonade and eloped in style at the Royal Botanical Gardens in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
Before the ceremony, the couple went canoeing in a beautiful canoe adorned with greenery. They also enjoyed a delicious picnic. After their vows, they shared a romantic dinner together. The day was filled with bold colors, exciting patterns, and most importantly, endless joy. Although the couple could not be in Guatemala, the setting, food and decor still honored Guatemalan culture.
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Melissa Noelle Photography
Venue: Royal Botanical Gardens
Video: Merrily Married
Attire: Garrison Bespoke
Florals: Selva House
Jewelry: Sin Kim Jewellery
Equipment Rentals: Chairman Mills
Calligrapher: Cody Calligraphy
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- From OkCupid to a sunrise mountain wedding
- A destination wedding in Mexico with cold fireworks and an LED neon drum show
- Lawryn and Deja’s Richmond, Virginia, wedding at The Renaissance
- Wondery and Danvas founder Hernan Lopez marries music supervisor Scott Velasquez in West Hollywood wedding
- Classic black and white wedding ideas
- Say Yes to the Dress celebrity Randy Fenoli is engaged
- Tara and Emma’s purple and ivory wedding at Berkeley City Club in Berkeley, California
- The 19th Explains: Why the Respect for Marriage Act doesn’t codify same-sex marriage rights