How LGBTQ+ parents celebrated the birth of Pete and Chasten Buttigieg’s twins
With their open and loving relationship, U.S. Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg and his husband, Chasten, have brought America so much joy since Pete first announced his presidential candidacy. Now, with Pete as the first out gay presidential cabinet member, the couple has brought unprecedented visibility to LGBTQ+ love–and more recently, to LGBTQ+ parenthood.
On September 4, the couple proudly announced the birth of their twins, Penelope Rose and Joseph August Buttigieg, along with a precious black and white photo of the new family of four.
Three weeks ago, the couple announced that they had become parents, but the details were scarce. They surprised and delighted their fans with the announcement of twins. Chasten had also previously opened up about the many challenges with adoption they have faced. After making it through so much to become fathers, this moment must feel extra sweet.
Buttigieg fans could not be happier for the couple. The posts announcing their new additions rendered hundreds of thousands of likes and comments, and some of the sweetest were from their fellow LGBTQ+ parents, many of whom have twins themselves. These parents shared their own advice, family photos, and love while welcoming team Buttigieg to the club.
Here are some of our favorite replies:
Congrats to Chasten and Pete from all the twin-dads of the world! Here's a pic from 13 yrs ago. Would do a then and now, but I'm enough trouble with my kids already. pic.twitter.com/rMezvEVuYw
— Pseudonymous Bosch (@isthisPBosch) September 4, 2021
Congrats gents! We had boy/girl twins 5 years ago so we wish you guys the best of luck as you’re in for quite a ride!! pic.twitter.com/HZfxzKVm6Y
— Joey Frasier (@joeyfrasier) September 4, 2021
Welcome to the club! pic.twitter.com/C6iSSfw8q6
— Tim Mulvaney (@timmu) September 5, 2021
How wonderful! Congratulations to you both. My daughter and her wife also decided to have two at once. Prepare for mayhem, chaos, and adorableness. pic.twitter.com/2yLGZunsNW
— BeaglesResist, House of Pfizer (FDA Approved)🌈 (@BeaglesResist) September 4, 2021
Congratulations, from our family to yours. pic.twitter.com/nmYACTTqMx
— Eric Strecker (@PapaActual) September 5, 2021
single-gay dad here wishing you guys all happiness in the world
days are long but the years are short. pic.twitter.com/yYroBhQKt2
— Will Launch 'PerpWalkTV' App For Roku Coming Soon (@bywillpollock) September 4, 2021
From a lesbian mom of twin boys, congratulations to you both. Buckle up and enjoy the ride!! ❤️
— NJJewels (@julierunning) September 7, 2021
Congratulations Pete and Chasten!!
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts
- Engagement session at Matheson Hammock Park in Miami, FL
- Why Taha’a could be your dream honeymoon destination
- Boho garden wedding inspiration at Haiku I Do, Asheville
- Magical Moorea enchants for LGBTQ+ couples