Colorful outdoor British Columbia garden wedding
From the photographer: Whitney and Charlotte’s wedding was filled with beautiful and thoughtful elements throughout the day, as well as a lot of focus on fun for everyone attending.
Starting with the bridal party, which the couple kindly referred to as bridal people (no ‘maids here!), Whitney chose to wear a tailored burgundy suit and the people on her side wore matching pantsuits in navy blue. Charlotte, who rocked her BHLDN dress, had her people in sparkly festive dresses. The rest of the people had navy blue suits and burgundy ties. The result: one amazing looking bridal party! As gifts for their bridal party, the couple gave them embroidered jean jackets.
Another special member of the bridal party was Whitney’s dog James Brown. He had his own floral collar and was also the ring bearer!
For the location of the photos, the couple had access to the grounds of the dorms where Charlotte stayed as a student. Both Whitney and Charlotte went to the same university, so it was suiting that the ceremony venue, Cecil Green Park House, was at that university.
The ceremony was beautiful and included many personal touches, including personal vows. They also thanked the natives for being on their land, which is something as a photographer I don’t hear very often and shows the respect this duo has for the land’s history.
After the ceremony, guests could have fun with the lawn games or have the couple’s signature cocktail: the Whitlotte. The decor for the reception area was simple with eucalyptus garlands, small vases with roses and cute golden animals. Inside, where the dance area was, there were frames with photographs from family member’s weddings.
After enjoying the speeches outside and cutting the cake, the couple went inside for their first dance.
Whitney and Charlotte chose a live band, The Phonix, to play at their wedding! It gave a unique vibe to their first dance and was the highlight of the evening! Charlotte even surprised Whitney with a song too!
Photographer: Jelger & Tanja Photography
Photo Booth Equipment: Adam and Kev
Makeup Artist: Artistry By Jax
Dress Store: BHLDN
Cake Designer: Cadeaux Bakery
Reception Venue: Cecil Green Park House
Shoes: Frank And Oak
Floral Designer: Kaye Fleur
Design and Decor: Past Pieces Vintage & Vintage Inspired Rentals
Event Planner: Past Pieces weddings and events
Caterer: Scholar’s Catering
Band: The Phonix Band
Officiant: Young Hip & Married
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Get inspired by the romantic vibes at this Minneapolis candlelit wedding
- Quirky and sweet Colorado couple’s scene-matching city photo shoot
- A new bill aims to protect same-sex marriage. What would it do if Obergefell falls?
- Sentimental Elements Shine For These Two Brides’ Virginia Beach Wedding Featuring Bourbon, Rainbows and a Plethora of Family Support
- Colorful New York Rainbow Wedding Featuring A Drag Queen, Handmade Arch and Boho Decor
- Booksmart Actress Beanie Feldstein Engaged to Bonnie Chance Roberts
- Ohio Fall Wedding with Irish Hand Fasting
- Sunrise engagement session on the beach of Asbury Park New Jersey
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC