Cozy Rustic Indoor Winter Chicago Wedding
Robyn and Michelle’s winter wedding completely slayed us with all their gorgeous rustic touches and the practically palpable cozy intimate ceremony. The two brides exude so much love not only for each other but also for all their guests. They hiked the romance factor up 1,000 degrees with more than 400 candles, worked with eco-friendly vendors and handcrafted much of the decor themselves. What’s not to love? We know you’re going to fall for these women’s love story.
From Robyn and Michelle:
We are a lesbian couple who got engaged in early 2014 and knew we wanted to seal the deal before the end of the year with a winter wedding in Chicago. We knew we were going to be planning this on our own on a budget—as we were paying for everything ourselves. Another priority for us was to work with ecofriendly vendors and vendors who gave back to the community. We also knew we wanted special DIY projects and personal details throughout the ceremony and reception.
VENDORS + VENUES:
Kirsten Ott Palladino
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- From OkCupid to a sunrise mountain wedding
- A destination wedding in Mexico with cold fireworks and an LED neon drum show
- Lawryn and Deja’s Richmond, Virginia, wedding at The Renaissance
- Wondery and Danvas founder Hernan Lopez marries music supervisor Scott Velasquez in West Hollywood wedding
- Classic black and white wedding ideas
- Say Yes to the Dress celebrity Randy Fenoli is engaged
- Tara and Emma’s purple and ivory wedding at Berkeley City Club in Berkeley, California
- The 19th Explains: Why the Respect for Marriage Act doesn’t codify same-sex marriage rights