Cozy Rustic Indoor Winter Chicago Wedding
Robyn and Michelle’s winter wedding completely slayed us with all their gorgeous rustic touches and the practically palpable cozy intimate ceremony. The two brides exude so much love not only for each other but also for all their guests. They hiked the romance factor up 1,000 degrees with more than 400 candles, worked with eco-friendly vendors and handcrafted much of the decor themselves. What’s not to love? We know you’re going to fall for these women’s love story.
From Robyn and Michelle:
We are a lesbian couple who got engaged in early 2014 and knew we wanted to seal the deal before the end of the year with a winter wedding in Chicago. We knew we were going to be planning this on our own on a budget—as we were paying for everything ourselves. Another priority for us was to work with ecofriendly vendors and vendors who gave back to the community. We also knew we wanted special DIY projects and personal details throughout the ceremony and reception.
VENDORS + VENUES:
Kirsten Ott Palladino
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Epic private beach elopement in French Polynesia
- Rustic chic farmhouse wedding by the beach
- Travel-themed wedding ideas + a glam black wedding cake
- Pittsburgh engagement session after a grocery store meet cute
- Creating the wedding budget—tips from our book: Equally Wed: The Ultimate Guide to Planning Your LGBTQ+ Wedding