Durham, North Carolina tobacco warehouse wedding
Nathan and Kyle’s wedding took place in church attended by friends and family. The two dressed alike in matching khaki pants, blue button-up shirts, and tan vests. Each wore a corsage on their vest that they pinned to one another. After the ceremony everyone headed to the reception which was held at a tobacco warehouse that is also home to an event center.
In place of a guest book, guests wrote the newlyweds a note on a custom-designed, framed chalkboard. Everyone enjoyed cupcakes for dessert, Nathan and Kyle smashed cupcakes in each other’s face and then guests of all ages hit the dance floor. The new Mr. and Mr. walked through a send-off of glowsticks as they drove in their car decorated with the words “Honk Newlyweds.”
From the photographer, Joseph Dix: When Kyle met Nathan, he thought they were just going to be friends. From the beginning, the two were almost inseparable and developed a strong bond. As time went on, they began to realize that there was more than friendship between them. Their strong bond and knack for finishing each other’s sentences or saying the exact same thing at the exact same time made it clear to Kyle that he was marrying his best friend.
Nathan found his perfect complement in Kyle — so alike, yet very different in many ways. When they first met, Nathan admits it was at a time when he was planning on living the single life. It took only a few days for Nathan to realize though that he didn’t want to be single when he could have Kyle in his life. They make each other’s days brighter.
Kyle and Nathan were married in Durham, NC, at Pilgrim United Church of Christ. Following the church service, their family and friends joined them for a reception at The Rickhouse — a gorgeous renovated tobacco warehouse that doubles as both an event space and spirits distillery. The Rickhouse provided the feel of contemporary Durham and was exactly what they were looking for!
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts
- Engagement session at Matheson Hammock Park in Miami, FL
- Why Taha’a could be your dream honeymoon destination
- Boho garden wedding inspiration at Haiku I Do, Asheville
- Magical Moorea enchants for LGBTQ+ couples