Eclectic colorful Frida Kahlo beach wedding inspiration
Our inspiration for this brightly colored beach wedding starts from the artist Frida Kahlo and our styled shoot is a celebration of love. Our style was undefined, but it was a perfect match of modern and vintage elements, some Mediterranean accents, Bohemian accents, and handmade details. The final result is romantic, colorful, and fresh.
Our intent was to give a different interpretation of Frida, celebrating the freedom of her way of thinking. Our interpretation is not only a mix of styles but also reflects an Italian taste. We think of this as an eclectic wedding. The venue we chose is a small boutique hotel on The Trabocchi Coast, in Abruzzo, Italy. It has a wonderful sea view and we were able to use their private small bay.
The bridal look inspired by Frida—big, colorful fresh flower crowns, large natural bouquets. For the gowns, we chose something more classic, because we didn’t want to overload the outfit. The shoes are colorful and handmade in Italy. We used several varieties of flowers and different bright colors.
The table set was a mix and match of styles, with an eye to a typical Mediterranean style. We used vintage porcelains and glasses, gold cutlery, colored candles, grapefruits, and a big centerpiece of fresh flowers. The table, such as the chairs, are wood white.
All the elements were framed by a big beautiful floral composition. —from Antonia Luzi, the wedding planner
Photographer: Matrimonio e Fotografia
Wedding Planner: Antonia Luzi Wedding & Events
Videographer: Emanuela Di Filippi
Flowers: Ivana Floral Designer
Dresses: Napolitano Trotta Maison
Makeup: Martina Moretti Makeup
Hairstylist: L’Arte del Taglio
Shoes: Dario Ciotti
Jewelry: Coquelicot Jewelery
Cake: Cake Time Montesilvano
Alaina Leary Lavoie
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- David + Anthony: Natural, earthy and warm Milwaukee, Wisconsin, wedding
- Jenny + Robin: a record-breaking cruise ship wedding vow renewal
- Meagan + Kristyn: an Austin, Texas, luxury outdoor wedding
- Torie + Alyssa: An intimate, bohemian and rustic wedding
- Uly + Ernesto: a monochrome winter engagement session at California sand dunes
- The Equally Wed LGBTQ+ wedding anniversary gift list
- Cozy in-cabin engagement photos in Manitoba, Canada
- Modern winter resort engagement photos in Scottsdale, Arizona
- Rainbow, flowers and sequins rooftop wedding in Washington, D.C.
- Colorful, whimsical wedding inspiration in Atlanta, Georgia