Elegant and rustic Malibou Lake Lodge wedding
Alli and Claire got married at the Malibou Lake Lodge in the fall, with a rustic and country vibe to their wedding. They got married after one and a half years engaged and their first dance was to “How Long Will I Love You” by Ellie Goulding.
“Our wedding story began a year prior to our big day. In December of 2017, due to certain political circumstances, we made the decision to elope. For obvious reasons, this did not bode well with our family and friends. We had always promised there was going to be a bigger wedding the following year and we were going to keep that promise. We knew we wouldn’t be able to plan our wedding by ourselves since our work schedules were so busy and inconsistent. We found an LGBTQ-friendly wedding planner, HoneyFitz, that we knew we could trust completely. They found the perfect venue and vendors for our simple, rustic-inspired wedding.
Everyone who says that your wedding day will fly by in a blink of an eye is one-hundred-percent right. As soon as we left the hotel to get ready at the venue, everything seemed to blur together. However, we tried to keep in mind what our officiant had told us before the wedding started—live in the moment. After months of preparation, being able to see everything come together was absolutely breathtaking. From our beautiful venue to the amazing food to the beautiful flowers and the music that kept everyone dancing, everything was perfect. Although we thought that we didn’t want a big wedding, in the end, we were so grateful we were able to share our moment with family and friends.” —from the couple
What advice would you give to engaged LGBTQ+ couples?
If you have a hectic schedule and know you won’t have time to do everything then consider getting an LGBTQ+ friendly wedding planner. We would not have survived without ours. They made everything easy and our wedding day went off without a hitch.
Photographer: Fitz Carlile
Venue: Malibou Lake Lodge
Florist: Garden Florist
DJ: Mix Pacific
Cake: Frost It Cakery
Makeup: Cheek to Cheek Artistry
Alaina Leary Lavoie
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Booksmart Actress Beanie Feldstein Engaged to Bonnie Chance Roberts
- Ohio Fall Wedding with Irish Hand Fasting
- Sunrise engagement session on the beach of Asbury Park New Jersey
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts
- Engagement session at Matheson Hammock Park in Miami, FL