Intimate fall destination wedding at Castillo de Santa Catalina in Spain
Vanesa and Avelina traveled from their home in Paris, France, to Málaga, Spain, for an intimate fall destination wedding at Castillo de Santa Catalina. They both proposed to each other.
What advice would you give to engaged LGBTQ+ couples?
Planning a wedding could be extremely stressful so take a breath and trust in professionals when preparing such a special day. We let Si! Quiero handle most of the hard work and they did smooth everything up for us.
What challenges did you face as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
We didn’t have to face any problems because of our orientation. What worried us the most was the organization—living in another country, being from one city and marrying in another (three cities, one story). We did not even know where to start, but Si! Quiero by Sira Antequera helped us to go step-by-step, enjoying all the process, having everything planned without surprises.
Did you encounter any pleasant surprises as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
We found that everything here in Spain is the same for same-gender couples and traditional ones. We had some doubts at the beginning but the wedding turned out perfectly.
Photographer: El Marco Rojo
Venue: Castillo de Santa Catalina
Florist: Virginia Florista
Planner: Si! Quiero by Sira Antequera
DJ: Antonio Luna DJ
Band: Naiara Castillejo
Invitations: Si! Quiero by Sira Antequera
Attire: Kiss by Bundó
Jewelry: El Armario de las Flores
Catering & Cake: Lepanto
Alaina Leary Lavoie
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Royal and elegant wedding at Crest Hollow Country Club
- Small summer destination wedding in Perth, Western Australia
- United Methodist Church on verge of split over same-sex marriage and LGBTQ+ clergy
- Moody, fun summer backyard wedding in Los Angeles, California
- Intimate sunset beach wedding ceremony in La Jolla, California
- LGBTQ-friendly birthing and doula group forms in D.C.
- Modern wedding inspiration influenced by artist Katsushika Hokusai
- Marriage equality is now available in Northern Ireland
- Colorful, floral tropical beach destination wedding in Makaha, Hawaii
- Your wedding’s over. Here’s what you can focus on next