Intimate fall destination wedding at Castillo de Santa Catalina in Spain
Vanesa and Avelina traveled from their home in Paris, France, to Málaga, Spain, for an intimate fall destination wedding at Castillo de Santa Catalina. They both proposed to each other.
What advice would you give to engaged LGBTQ+ couples?
Planning a wedding could be extremely stressful so take a breath and trust in professionals when preparing such a special day. We let Si! Quiero handle most of the hard work and they did smooth everything up for us.
What challenges did you face as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
We didn’t have to face any problems because of our orientation. What worried us the most was the organization—living in another country, being from one city and marrying in another (three cities, one story). We did not even know where to start, but Si! Quiero by Sira Antequera helped us to go step-by-step, enjoying all the process, having everything planned without surprises.
Did you encounter any pleasant surprises as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
We found that everything here in Spain is the same for same-gender couples and traditional ones. We had some doubts at the beginning but the wedding turned out perfectly.
Photographer: El Marco Rojo
Venue: Castillo de Santa Catalina
Florist: Virginia Florista
Planner: Si! Quiero by Sira Antequera
DJ: Antonio Luna DJ
Band: Naiara Castillejo
Invitations: Si! Quiero by Sira Antequera
Attire: Kiss by Bundó
Jewelry: El Armario de las Flores
Catering & Cake: Lepanto
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Wedding invitation company is allowed to discriminate against gay couples
- ABC’s ‘Bachelor’ TV franchise makes history with first same-sex engagement
- Monochromatic countryside double wedding inspiration
- 12 creative and unique alternative wedding cakes for your celebration
- 22 couples with tattoos who prove ink is the best wedding look
- Lesbian pioneers in fight for marriage equality now in bitter divorce battle challenging definition of marriage
- Double engagement inspiration in the Arizona Cactus Garden
- 9 themed weddings you’ll love, from Beauty and the Beast to astronomy
- Gay dads around globe get less parental leave than lesbian parents and straight couples