Intimate fall destination wedding at Castillo de Santa Catalina in Spain
Vanesa and Avelina traveled from their home in Paris, France, to Málaga, Spain, for an intimate fall destination wedding at Castillo de Santa Catalina. They both proposed to each other.
What advice would you give to engaged LGBTQ+ couples?
Planning a wedding could be extremely stressful so take a breath and trust in professionals when preparing such a special day. We let Si! Quiero handle most of the hard work and they did smooth everything up for us.
What challenges did you face as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
We didn’t have to face any problems because of our orientation. What worried us the most was the organization—living in another country, being from one city and marrying in another (three cities, one story). We did not even know where to start, but Si! Quiero by Sira Antequera helped us to go step-by-step, enjoying all the process, having everything planned without surprises.
Did you encounter any pleasant surprises as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
We found that everything here in Spain is the same for same-gender couples and traditional ones. We had some doubts at the beginning but the wedding turned out perfectly.
Photographer: El Marco Rojo
Venue: Castillo de Santa Catalina
Florist: Virginia Florista
Planner: Si! Quiero by Sira Antequera
DJ: Antonio Luna DJ
Band: Naiara Castillejo
Invitations: Si! Quiero by Sira Antequera
Attire: Kiss by Bundó
Jewelry: El Armario de las Flores
Catering & Cake: Lepanto
Alaina Leary Lavoie
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Philadelphia garden wedding with bold blue suit and cape sleeve gown
- Elegant engagement session after romantic New Year’s Eve proposal
- Wonderland-themed wedding inspiration in the gardens of O’ahu
- 6 gender-neutral LGBTQ+ inclusive wedding terms to make all couples feel included
- California Beach photo session to celebrate virtual wedding
- Couple flooded with kindness after Tennessee wedding venue rejected them for being gay
- 18 gorgeous face masks from Etsy for your Covid-safe wedding
- Colorado Gov. Jared Polis marries Marlon Reis and makes history
- How To Mix Up Tradition For Your LGBTQ+ Wedding
- Minimalist Louisiana wedding with floral cake and sparkler send off
- 6 stylish bow ties for autumn weddings
- WNBA teammates Jasmine Thomas and Natisha Hiedeman are engaged
- 6 children’s books that celebrate LGBTQ+ families
- 6 challenges straight couples don’t have to deal with when planning a wedding
- Desert LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration featuring native Arizona plants and a custom floral suit
- Celestial-themed Missouri wedding featuring navy and gold
- South Carolina engagement session celebrating LGBTQ+ love in the outdoors
- 5 floral fads in vogue for ’21 and ’22 weddings
- Disney star Garrett Clayton married longtime partner Blake Knight in a garden party wedding
- Dazzling wedding dress trends for fall