Intimate fall destination wedding at Castillo de Santa Catalina in Spain
Vanesa and Avelina traveled from their home in Paris, France, to Málaga, Spain, for an intimate fall destination wedding at Castillo de Santa Catalina. They both proposed to each other.
What advice would you give to engaged LGBTQ+ couples?
Planning a wedding could be extremely stressful so take a breath and trust in professionals when preparing such a special day. We let Si! Quiero handle most of the hard work and they did smooth everything up for us.
What challenges did you face as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
We didn’t have to face any problems because of our orientation. What worried us the most was the organization—living in another country, being from one city and marrying in another (three cities, one story). We did not even know where to start, but Si! Quiero by Sira Antequera helped us to go step-by-step, enjoying all the process, having everything planned without surprises.
Did you encounter any pleasant surprises as an LGBTQ+ couple planning your wedding?
We found that everything here in Spain is the same for same-gender couples and traditional ones. We had some doubts at the beginning but the wedding turned out perfectly.
Photographer: El Marco Rojo
Venue: Castillo de Santa Catalina
Florist: Virginia Florista
Planner: Si! Quiero by Sira Antequera
DJ: Antonio Luna DJ
Band: Naiara Castillejo
Invitations: Si! Quiero by Sira Antequera
Attire: Kiss by Bundó
Jewelry: El Armario de las Flores
Catering & Cake: Lepanto
Alaina Leary Lavoie
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal
- Heather + Tiffany: Sunday morning brunch love shoot
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married