Pridelux, a luxury LGBTQ+ wedding show, opens in London
Luxury LGBTQ+ weddings are a culmination of good taste and curated talent—and a distinctive celebratory edge of equality. Equally Wed is proud to be a media sponsor of Pridelux, the world’s first ever luxury wedding show catering exclusively to LGBTQ+ couples, launches at Shangri-La Hotel, At The Shard, London September 13-14.
The launch night will be hosted by gay supermodel and writer Jack Guinness, whose website Queer Bible is a celebration of gay history. “I cannot wait to meet all of the #engayged couples who attend the first ever Pridelux on Friday 13, September, and share this amazing journey with them as they prepare for their wedding day,” says Guinness. “Pridelux is a major new addition to London’s LGBT calendar, and a world first.”
This event, tailored specifically to the needs of LGBTQ+ couples will include gowns by Vivienne Westwood, suits by Scabal, plus a wealth of other premium brands exhibiting collections, products and services that tailor specifically to LGBTQ+ couples, at what is set to be an unforgettable beautifully curated day in the sky.
Each luxury brand has been approved according to Pridelux’s LGBTQ+ policy, ensuring that all exhibitors not only offer services tailored to the queer community but understand the issues that they face, making this a milestone event and the first of its kind.
An array of bespoke and boutique LGBTQ+ wedding specialists will be present, including award-winning florist Jamie Aston bringing the flower power, Benedict Cumberbatch’s stylist Joe Wolfe, as well as bespoke jewelers, cake designers, photographers, entertainment specialists and 20 other practitioners in an environment built around gay weddings. Zero sugar gin will be provided by Bloom Gin and Ladurée will be offering macarons in every color of the rainbow, of course!
Attendance is strictly limited to 250 couples. Tickets are available at £45 per person for this wonderful, world first, experiential wedding showcase, including drinks.
For discounted tickets, subscribe to our mailing list because we’re sending out a special code just for you later this week!
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Reports: Supreme Court appeared divided over protections for LGBTQ employees
- Black tie wedding at the Blanton Museum in Austin, Texas
- With Brie Larson’s help, a man proposed to his boyfriend at Comic Con
- This romantic sunset proposal at OUE Skyspace has a beautiful backstory
- Vintage travel-inspired fall wedding in Iowa City, Iowa
- Teal and orange fall wedding inspiration in Lake Mary, Florida
- This scavenger hunt at Gas Works Park ends with a proposal
- Moody fall photos turned surprise proposal in San Antonio, Texas
- This couples’ portrait session turned into the sweetest surprise proposal
- What our editors are reading & loving on October 9, 2019