Chris and Brad have a love story for the ages. These two Soul Cycle instructors met at work and the rest is history. We were so excited to work with this phenomenal couple on a styled shoot at the new boutique South Congress Hotel in Austin, Texas.
With this styled shoot we were aiming to create something that was both chic and elegant, while at the same time lending a masculine touch. To accomplish this, we blended furnishings in rich textiles and bold design to create a gathered look that made the ceremony space feel intimate and familiar. For the altar we wanted to think beyond the traditional wedding arch. Asymmetrical cork pedestals, organic botanical elements and unexpected elements like the bird cage were layered to create a truly unique backdrop that felt chic, original and romantic.
We wanted to celebrate love of all kinds – which is why we chose a same-sex male couple. Although this is a styled inspiration shoot, our models Chris and Brad are a real couple, getting married this fall, so the love between these two is 100% organic and it’s transparent in the photos!
The venue for the shoot was South Congress Hotel in Austin Texas, which is a unique new boutique hotel that flips the idea of a hotel wedding on its head with its chic spaces that feel nothing like a hotel ballroom, featuring exposed brick, built in sheer drapes and loads of natural light.
From the photographer, Rick Cortez
Photographer: Rick Cortez Photography
Venue & Desserts: South Congress Hotel
Florals: Gypsy Floral
Event Planner: Bespoke Events
Event Design & Rentals: Panacea Collection
Paper Goods & Calligraphy: Averi with an Eye
Glasswares: Jonathan Adler // Keith Kreeger Collection // West Elm
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Intimate DIY Airbnb Wedding for Two Brides
- TV host and personality Ross Mathews marries Dr. Wellinthon García
- Be on the lookout for these wedding scams
- Gorgeous peacock-colored wedding bash in Washington, DC
- An intimate wedding at Smale Riverfront Park in Cincinnati, OH
- Good Omens–inspired styled elopement with angelic forms, red poppies, goblets and crosses
- Intimate Mountain Wedding in Crowsnest Pass, Alberta, Canada
- Intimate garden wedding and “booze cruise” boat dance party in Salem, Massachusetts
- Engagement session at Matheson Hammock Park in Miami, FL
- Why Taha’a could be your dream honeymoon destination
- Boho garden wedding inspiration at Haiku I Do, Asheville
- Magical Moorea enchants for LGBTQ+ couples