Chris and Brad have a love story for the ages. These two Soul Cycle instructors met at work and the rest is history. We were so excited to work with this phenomenal couple on a styled shoot at the new boutique South Congress Hotel in Austin, Texas.
With this styled shoot we were aiming to create something that was both chic and elegant, while at the same time lending a masculine touch. To accomplish this, we blended furnishings in rich textiles and bold design to create a gathered look that made the ceremony space feel intimate and familiar. For the altar we wanted to think beyond the traditional wedding arch. Asymmetrical cork pedestals, organic botanical elements and unexpected elements like the bird cage were layered to create a truly unique backdrop that felt chic, original and romantic.
We wanted to celebrate love of all kinds – which is why we chose a same-sex male couple. Although this is a styled inspiration shoot, our models Chris and Brad are a real couple, getting married this fall, so the love between these two is 100% organic and it’s transparent in the photos!
The venue for the shoot was South Congress Hotel in Austin Texas, which is a unique new boutique hotel that flips the idea of a hotel wedding on its head with its chic spaces that feel nothing like a hotel ballroom, featuring exposed brick, built in sheer drapes and loads of natural light.
From the photographer, Rick Cortez
Photographer: Rick Cortez Photography
Venue & Desserts: South Congress Hotel
Florals: Gypsy Floral
Event Planner: Bespoke Events
Event Design & Rentals: Panacea Collection
Paper Goods & Calligraphy: Averi with an Eye
Glasswares: Jonathan Adler // Keith Kreeger Collection // West Elm
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal
- Heather + Tiffany: Sunday morning brunch love shoot
- Lynnea + Francecil: rose gold, champagne and burgundy California wedding
- Colorful tropical wedding styled shoot inspiration
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day