Engagement inspiration with desert vibes at Colorado’s Red Rock Canyon
“I focus on photographing candid reactions, laughs, and playfulness in my photos,” Madeleine says, “and since they are a real couple, I had no doubt that they would bring these emotions out of each other.”
Madeleine provided wardrobe styling and guidance as well as some of the key Southwestern jewelry pieces, like the fringe leather jacket, the bolo ties, and the woven blanket. From their own closests, the couple brought the cowboy hat, their denim jeans, and silver jewelry.
“For the second set of attire, we chose neutral colors such as black and white, which showcased the vibrancy of the red rocks in the background,” says Madeleine. “My biggest inspiration for wardrobe was the fringe leather jacket and the movement of the tassels during ‘action shots,’ and I based all of the other styling around that.”
“I wanted the theme to encompass bohemian + desert vibes that tied in with the surrounding red rocks and mountainous formations.”
Search our directory of LGBTQ+ inclusive vendors.
Photographer: Mado Photo
MOST VIEWED STORIES
- Elegant outdoor wedding in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico, for two expats
- Remembering The Day: How To Make Wedding Magic Last A Lifetime
- A destination elopement in Iceland with freshly picked blue lupine bouquets for pansexual brides
- Sunlit San Francisco wedding with evening boat cruise
- Traditional Episcopal wedding with quirky DIY touches