Rainy farm-inspired North Carolina lesbian wedding
Jacqueline and Eliza brought their farm to their wedding for their North Carolina lesbian wedding. This romantic yet playful wedding took place in Duke Gardens. Due to an incoming rain storm the marriers took shelter under canopies which gave the day a genuine, light-hearted feel.
The couple used farm-fresh flowers to create their bold, beautiful bouquets. Sunflowers brightened up the otherwise rain-filled day. Vegetables and herbs were mixed with wildflowers to create centerpieces and add a rainbow of colors to the navy and white tablescape.
Eliza’s brother brought out a soccer ball during the father-daughter dance and they all played around. For dessert guests enjoyed pie instead of cake and were entertained throughout the day by toasts throughout the ceremony and reception.
Photography: Three Region Photography
Wedding venue: Sarah P. Duke Gardens
Florist: Bloomin’ Rose Flowers
DJ: Bunn DJ Co.
Invitations: Ellen Duda
Attire: Gown Boutique of Charleston, Fabulous Frocks (skirt), Modern Trousseau, Tre Bella Bridal
Jewelry: Tre Bella Bridal, Jewelsmith (wedding bands and engagement rings)
MOST VIEWED STORIES
- This Great Gatsby wedding in Walnut Grove, California, featured a casino speakeasy reception
- The queer Christmas story you’ve been waiting for
- Our lesbian love story: St. Pete Beach engagement with a proposal photographer
- Black and yellow poolside wedding in Palm Springs, California
- Home for the holidays anniversary photo shoot