From Instagram DMs to engaged: A Miami proposal
Dani and Shannen started dating on Jan. 24, 2020, after meeting on Instagram. One year later, on Jan. 22, 2021, they were engaged! We love how Dani got her friend, a photographer, in on the plan so the proposal was captured forever in pictures. Read on for more about this couple’s beach engagement in Miami, Florida.
HOW DID YOU MEET?
Shannen and I met on Instagram. We are both fitness instructors. Shan living in Philly and myself living in Miami. The story as to who followed who remains a mystery. Our story starts with a simple DM. Shannen slid right into my DMs commenting on my story about a new pair of sunglasses. We started liking each others posts and messaging back and forth. The DMs lead to texts, the texts lead to FaceTime, and before you knew it I was on a flight to Philly to meet this incredible lady.
WHO PROPOSED AND HOW?
Shannen was down in Miami celebrating our anniversary. We frequently take photos together when we are together so I suggested to Shannen that we do a photoshoot with my friend. We settled on a hotel right on the beach that has beautiful views of the ocean. My friend was in on the plan and asked Shannen to step into the frame for a test shot. She directed Shannen to face the ocean so her back would be turned towards me. That was my cue to slide into place and down on one knee. She asked Shannen to turn around and there I was down on one knee. Shannen was shocked we both cried and laughed. After what felt like many minutes Shannen yelled “duh.” It has always been obvious to us that we were soulmates.
WHAT DO YOU LOVE MOST ABOUT EACH OTHER?
We love the support we have for one another. Being in a long distance relationship requires communication, understanding, and support.
WHAT ARE YOU MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO IN YOUR MARRIAGE?
Being in the same city! We can’t wait to come home to one another each day, lay some roots down, and start building a family.
Photographer: Mas Creative Media
Equally Wed Editors
Comments are closed.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Jamie and Ashley’s florescent and fun May wedding at Greenhouse Lofts in Chicago
- Simple and elegant winter wedding for two brides in Santa Ana, California
- Low-key Louisville, Kentucky, wedding celebrates chosen family, queer joy and spirituality
- A weed wedding with earthy, elegant details
- Romantic Santorini sunset proposal
- Outdoor summer wedding in Acadia National Park
- New Mexico Badlands multicultural boho lesbian elopement
- Get inspired by the romantic vibes at this Minneapolis candlelit wedding
- Quirky and sweet Colorado couple’s scene-matching city photo shoot
- A new bill aims to protect same-sex marriage. What would it do if Obergefell falls?
- Sentimental Elements Shine For These Two Brides’ Virginia Beach Wedding Featuring Bourbon, Rainbows and a Plethora of Family Support
- Colorful New York Rainbow Wedding Featuring A Drag Queen, Handmade Arch and Boho Decor