Jason + Jason: A Purple and Blue Coastal Wedding in New Jersey
Jason and Jason’s purple and blue wedding
[dropcap letter=”J”]ason and Jason’s love-filled wedding day was dappled with daisies, and shades of blue and violet.
Jason Kershner and Jason Flatt married at Harbor View Park in Cape May, New Jersey, on May 2, 2014. The men have been together for six years, and celebrated their commitment to each other with a daisy-laden legally recognized wedding with a purple and blue color palette (blue de France and light violet, to be precise).
Jason and Jason started their ceremony with a reading “How Falling in Love is like Owning a Dog” from “What Learning Leaves” by Taylor Mali. In lieu of a guest book, the couple asked the wedding guests to write a note of well wishes stored in a box to be opened on their second anniversary or in case of emergency. At the reception, Jason F. says, “We had all attendees do a lovers lock for us and attach it to a wire Eiffel Tower. We were engaged in Paris and did a lovers lock the evening of our engagement.” The newlyweds honeymooned in Paris and Greece.
Photography Tara Beth Photography
Rings Just Mens Rings (made where Jason F. was born)
Suits Tallia and Joseph A Banks
Search for equality-minded wedding vendors in your area.
Be inspired by more Real LGBTQ Weddings
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Outdoor DIY fall wedding at the Solarium in Decatur, Georgia
- After 20 years, two grooms celebrate with whimsical winery wedding
- 4 things you can do if you can’t go on a honeymoon right after the wedding
- Allure Bridals introduces Disney Fairy Tale Weddings Collection
- Why Naples is a great place for LGBTQ+ weddings and honeymoons
- Inclusivity is a wedding priority reveals The Knot’s Real Weddings Study
- Carefree bohemian beach wedding in Pensacola, Florida
- Nautical summer beach wedding with Seinfeld theme
- Waterfront brewery elopement at The Piermont in Babylon, New York
- Whimsical, rustic waterfront wedding in San Diego, California