Jason + Jason: A Purple and Blue Coastal Wedding in New Jersey
Jason and Jason’s purple and blue wedding
[dropcap letter=”J”]ason and Jason’s love-filled wedding day was dappled with daisies, and shades of blue and violet.
Jason Kershner and Jason Flatt married at Harbor View Park in Cape May, New Jersey, on May 2, 2014. The men have been together for six years, and celebrated their commitment to each other with a daisy-laden legally recognized wedding with a purple and blue color palette (blue de France and light violet, to be precise).
Jason and Jason started their ceremony with a reading “How Falling in Love is like Owning a Dog” from “What Learning Leaves” by Taylor Mali. In lieu of a guest book, the couple asked the wedding guests to write a note of well wishes stored in a box to be opened on their second anniversary or in case of emergency. At the reception, Jason F. says, “We had all attendees do a lovers lock for us and attach it to a wire Eiffel Tower. We were engaged in Paris and did a lovers lock the evening of our engagement.” The newlyweds honeymooned in Paris and Greece.
Photography Tara Beth Photography
Rings Just Mens Rings (made where Jason F. was born)
Suits Tallia and Joseph A Banks
Search for equality-minded wedding vendors in your area.
Be inspired by more Real LGBTQ Weddings
Kirsten Ott Palladino
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- 10 things you need to create that perfect rainbow wedding
- Senate advances Respect for Marriage Act to protect recognition of marriage equality
- 10 ways to use burnt orange in your wedding
- Tam and Yiyun’s intimate summer wedding at Folktale Winery and Vineyards in Carmel Valley, California
- Stefany and Britt’s queer, nonbinary wedding at the Lace House in Columbia, South Carolina
- Priscilla and Jamesa’s fall wedding in Nashville, Tennessee, featured harvest hues of gold, burnt orange, terracotta rust and dusty rose
- Lindsey and Molly’s Christian wedding in New Bern, North Carolina, showcased their two dogs and had a dried flower confetti send-off
- Alyssa and Holly’s Colorado adventure session in Rocky Mountain National Park
- LGBTQ+ Inclusive and Affirming Wedding Venue Spotlight: Filoli
- Halle and Kayden’s Mount Rainier National Park Destination Wedding
- Where to propose at Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- How to plan a fall wedding on a budget