Jason + Jason: A Purple and Blue Coastal Wedding in New Jersey
Jason and Jason’s purple and blue wedding
[dropcap letter=”J”]ason and Jason’s love-filled wedding day was dappled with daisies, and shades of blue and violet.
Jason Kershner and Jason Flatt married at Harbor View Park in Cape May, New Jersey, on May 2, 2014. The men have been together for six years, and celebrated their commitment to each other with a daisy-laden legally recognized wedding with a purple and blue color palette (blue de France and light violet, to be precise).
Jason and Jason started their ceremony with a reading “How Falling in Love is like Owning a Dog” from “What Learning Leaves” by Taylor Mali. In lieu of a guest book, the couple asked the wedding guests to write a note of well wishes stored in a box to be opened on their second anniversary or in case of emergency. At the reception, Jason F. says, “We had all attendees do a lovers lock for us and attach it to a wire Eiffel Tower. We were engaged in Paris and did a lovers lock the evening of our engagement.” The newlyweds honeymooned in Paris and Greece.
Photography Tara Beth Photography
Rings Just Mens Rings (made where Jason F. was born)
Suits Tallia and Joseph A Banks
Search for equality-minded wedding vendors in your area.
Be inspired by more Real LGBTQ Weddings
Kirsten Ott Palladino
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Register for a dream virtual wedding giveaway from Equally Wed, Signature Bride and WebWed Mobile
- All Black Lives Matter: the intersectionality of the Black wedding industry and the LGBTQ+ community
- Dignity and respect for all: marriage equality celebrates five years as a federal right
- Adrianna + Bri: an urban Detroit love shoot
- Celebrity wedding news! Raven-Symoné + Miranda Pearman-Maday are married
- Wedding suit inspiration from 6 top queer influencers for your big day
- Nicole + Andrea: New York multicultural wedding with Caribbean roots (their first look photos are the sweetest!)
- New Orleans industrial wedding inspiration shoot
- Danika + Cassidy: a Chicago engagement photoshoot with salsa dancing
- Reclaiming Asian pride: a San Diego private prenuptial tea-and-cocktail celebration