Jason + Jason: A Purple and Blue Coastal Wedding in New Jersey
Jason and Jason’s purple and blue wedding
[dropcap letter=”J”]ason and Jason’s love-filled wedding day was dappled with daisies, and shades of blue and violet.
Jason Kershner and Jason Flatt married at Harbor View Park in Cape May, New Jersey, on May 2, 2014. The men have been together for six years, and celebrated their commitment to each other with a daisy-laden legally recognized wedding with a purple and blue color palette (blue de France and light violet, to be precise).
Jason and Jason started their ceremony with a reading “How Falling in Love is like Owning a Dog” from “What Learning Leaves” by Taylor Mali. In lieu of a guest book, the couple asked the wedding guests to write a note of well wishes stored in a box to be opened on their second anniversary or in case of emergency. At the reception, Jason F. says, “We had all attendees do a lovers lock for us and attach it to a wire Eiffel Tower. We were engaged in Paris and did a lovers lock the evening of our engagement.” The newlyweds honeymooned in Paris and Greece.
Photography Tara Beth Photography
Rings Just Mens Rings (made where Jason F. was born)
Suits Tallia and Joseph A Banks
Search for equality-minded wedding vendors in your area.
Be inspired by more Real LGBTQ Weddings
Kirsten Ott Palladino
The Wedding Biz Podcast
- Mashaun + Elvis: Georgia wedding with amethyst and aquamarine birthstone colors
- We said yes! Now what? LGBTQ+ engagement advice
- Christian + Clifton: An intimate hometown Ohio wedding
- Celebrity LGBTQ+ wedding alert! Niecy Nash marries Jessica Betts
- Angelina + Krista: Glamorous luxury lesbian wedding at the renowned Versace mansion in Miami Beach, Florida
- You’re invited to the biggest, queerest wedding of the year
- Tavion + Andrew: A Greenville, South Carolina, summer LGBTQ+ wedding with rose petal exit
- An incredible educational offer for wedding and event pros
- Burgundy and gold LGBTQ+ wedding inspiration
- Carolina + Eli: family photo session cover for surprise marriage proposal