Art Deco-inspired Great Gatsby wedding inspiration for two brides
An Art Deco-inspired Hollywood glam wedding photo shoot with a recently married couple
Inspired by the timeless elegance of Old Hollywood, we used classic black, white and mixed metallics and a touch of emerald green to create a beautiful setting at Arrowhead Golf Club to celebrate Nicole and Allison’s nuptials. To enhance the beauty of the brides, the makeup was kept simple and neutral with an emphasis on the lips. The bright coral lip of Allison and the berry lip of Nicole complimented each other perfectly. Nicole’s long romantic waves were accented with a beautiful rhinestone brooch hair clip while Allison’s lovely blonde locks were tucked under and made into shorter hairstyle of soft curls accented with some white orchids bringing their timeless looks together perfectly to fit the theme. Nicole wore a stunning Marisa Bridal gown while Nicole looked chic in a custom suit by Tom James Company. The invitations featured an emerald green art deco fan motif, black and ivory stripes, gold glitter accents and a mixture of Art Deco fonts.
This motif also adorned the table numbers and wedding signage. One of our favorite details was the “Pick Your Poison” bar cart display that featured delicious Grasshopper cupcakes, vintage cigar boxes filled with chocolate cigars and candy cigarettes and a scattering of silver chocolate coins and emerald green foil-wrapped Andes mints. The flowers were just stunning—there were two totally unique bouquets designed for the brides. One of the bouquets featured garden roses, sweet pea, spray roses, ranunculus, anemones, surrounded by a collar of black plumosa foliage and feather accents. The handle was wrapped in ivory satin with a black lace overlay and ivory pearl detail. The other bouquet was equally as beautiful and featured two varieties of roses, freesia, cymbidium orchids, gold-dipped seeded eucalyptus, pearl-rhinestone accents and a cascade of phaleanopsis orchids in a gold deco bouquet holder.
The centerpieces for the reception featured three tall looks: the first was a black pilsner with monstera leaf, palmetto, dendrobium orchids, tall callas, ruscus, gold plumosa and some ivory ostrich feathers. Another look featured a clear contoured vase with fluffy mixed arrangement of ivory hydrangea, green mini hydrangea, viburnum, garden roses, roses, trachellium, and tulips. And the final style featured hydrangea, Casablanca lilies, roses, ruscus, gold-dipped seeded eucalyptus, silver plumosa, dendrobium orchids, and magnolia foliage in silver candelabras with taper candles and drop crystal bobeches. All were surrounded by mixed mercury glass and patterned gold and silver votives and placed atop beautiful damask linens in combos of gold and black and silver and black. Gold and silver chargers and chiviari chairs completed the glamorous, timeless look. We absolutely loved doing this gorgeous Art Deco-inspired Hollywood glam wedding shoot with the most beautiful (and recently married) couple!
Venue: Arrowhead Golf Club
Photography: Kara Schultz Storyteller
Flowers & Paper Items: Kio Kreations
Hair + Makeup: Blend Beauty
Cupcakes: Windy City Dinner Fairy
Linens: Covered Affairs
Dress: Marisa Bridals
Custom Suit: Tom James Company
Equally Wed Editors
Comments are closed.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
- Jamie and Ashley’s florescent and fun May wedding at Greenhouse Lofts in Chicago
- Simple and elegant winter wedding for two brides in Santa Ana, California
- Low-key Louisville, Kentucky, wedding celebrates chosen family, queer joy and spirituality
- A weed wedding with earthy, elegant details
- Romantic Santorini sunset proposal
- Outdoor summer wedding in Acadia National Park
- New Mexico Badlands multicultural boho lesbian elopement
- Get inspired by the romantic vibes at this Minneapolis candlelit wedding
- Quirky and sweet Colorado couple’s scene-matching city photo shoot
- A new bill aims to protect same-sex marriage. What would it do if Obergefell falls?
- Sentimental Elements Shine For These Two Brides’ Virginia Beach Wedding Featuring Bourbon, Rainbows and a Plethora of Family Support
- Colorful New York Rainbow Wedding Featuring A Drag Queen, Handmade Arch and Boho Decor